THE BEGINNING -> we scream, ice cream
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

april

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3

06/08

The holidays are now over, and term has resumed once more. Students will now want to turn their attention to end of year exams, now the time to relax has passed.

06/01

Welcome Vane to the staff team as our newest Moderator. (:
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

we scream, ice cream, open
GILDEROY LOCKHART
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 04:36 PM
author ☆ Half Blood ☆ 28
Parzival
29 sickles

Gilderoy's informant (who certainly wasn't an agent but merely tipped him off about publicity encounters and dangers abroad) had suggested a new way of appealing to the public and that was - astonishingly - trying to blend in with them. Like he was one of the common people, or something; which was so frightfully bizarre it could be a good enough stunt to draw attention.

But Gilderoy was like a red robin on snow: very obvious, very noisy, and very colourful in regards to his surroundings. But you'd get sick of hearing a robin at seven o'clock in the morning when you're trying to lie in. Gilderoy could and would not blend with the rest of the wizard community, because he didn't want to blend with them. His lustrous, golden head was fixed strand-to-strand in a perfect wave. His robes of loud scarlet and garish gold gave him the look of a very fine piece of walking furniture; and a lot of the people turned their heads as Prophet reporters tailgated the celebrity.

He was gliding through Diagon Alley one day, in his attempt of 'blending'. Although the street wasn't particularly busy at this time of day on a Saturday, there was a good amount of the wizard populace to pause and stare as he entered Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and declared that he would like something refreshing. Cameras clicked away. This was going to be Lockhart's Approved now and, as far as he was concerned, that meant every woman, child and their uncles would be eating this next week.

"Mmm! This is brilliant! Most spectacular! And what do you call this fantastical creation of flavour?" He praised the man, who responded quite timidly:

"Er, lemon."

"Lemon!" Lockhart repeated, "Wonderful! Well, we all knew that Fortescue's was really the best, didn't we, folks? Absolutely superb. Yes. I think this may be my new favourite. Not too sweet. I already have enough sweetness from my fans, of course. Ice creams for everyone, I say! On me!" When his informant hissed in his ear that that was a bad idea, Lockhart waved him away impatiently. The crowd seemed to enjoy this idea, more or less. More photographs were taken, some of Gilderoy shaking Florean's hand and others with him handing out ice creams. "Of course, this may be featured in my upcoming autobiography. But don't you worry! There will be plenty more of my encounters with dark foes, as well as ice cream!" Cue the laugh? Maybe?

He caught sight of his flashing grin in the glass pane of the shop, and thought he looked particularly handsome today. Did he ever NOT look handsome? No - he didn't think so. And nor, probably, did anyone else. Not in their right mind, anyway...
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE