THE BEGINNING -> taking a walk / OPEN
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

april

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3

06/08

The holidays are now over, and term has resumed once more. Students will now want to turn their attention to end of year exams, now the time to relax has passed.

06/01

Welcome Vane to the staff team as our newest Moderator. (:
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

taking a walk / OPEN
HARRY POTTER
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 09:23 AM
first year ☆ Half Blood ☆ 11
Eliza
100 sickles

taking a walk

It was the second half of the year and everything was pretty quiet. Hermione already started revising and was pushing Harry and Ron to do the same, but Harry wasn't really budging. Exams were so far away, after all, and they also had lots of homework to do. Wood was bumping up an extra Quidditch practice every week since they were so close to winning the Cup. He kept chanting that they would just have to win the final game and then they would be home free, so he really wanted them to win that game.

Harry excused himself from the common room where his friends were and just decided to take a way around the corridors. He just needed some time by himself. He wasn't really someone who preferred it, but he was starting to get a little nostalgic about Hogwarts already. He knew he would have to go back to the Dursleys in three months and that thought kind of bummed him out. He loved Hogwarts so much and even though he was thrown into a world of danger with people trying to kill him from his broomstick high up and Snape making his life a living hell every second he had the chance, Harry was very glad to be there. He was glad to be having Dudley's second bedroom now when he returned to England but he knew it would be unpleasant just the same.

The whole time growing up, he knew it wasn't right, how they treated him. But it would be even worse when he went back because he now knew what it was like to have friends and family who loved him. He hoped that the thought of them would help him through it.

Harry kept his hands in his pockets as he walked, not at a fast pace, though not at a severely slow one either. He was being casual and he was enjoying it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 04:49 PM
shana
139 sickles

Aurelie was taking a break from her own homework and wrote another letter home written in French to her parents, telling them more about school. . She hadn't really much time to respond to the last letter her parents had sent due to all the school work she had to do.

She couldn't believe that it was already the second half of her first year at Hogwarts. As she was walking through the corridors on her way to the owlery Aurelie spotted one of her friends and housemates, Harry Potter. "Oh, hello. I wasn't expecting to see you here. How are you?" she asked.

HARRY POTTER

--------------------
user posted image
icon by Enna and signature by usagi at graphics games
PM
^
HARRY POTTER
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 09:51 PM
Eliza
100 sickles

Harry was drawn out of his thoughts when Aurelie approached. "Oh, hey, Aurelie." He gave her a half-smile in greeting. She didn't expect to see him? He didn't often walk around the corridors alone? Well, that was very true. He was usually hanging out in the common room or sometimes the Library if Hermione was involved or at Hagrid's. He was always in an exciting place, it seemed, and usually with company, and corridors were the go-between. They weren't exactly the main event.

"Erm, I just felt like going for a walk." Not that he needed to explain himself, exactly, but he was sure that was Aurelie's next question. "What about you?" She obviously didn't have any classes at the moment because they would have been in it together. Harry didn't know Aurelie super well but they were in the same House and year and had classes often together. But usually their relationship just went that far. They hadn't really hung out alone much for Harry to really get to know her.

AURELIE CHARBONNEAU

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 03:01 AM
shana
139 sickles

Aurelie nodded when Harry said he was just going for a walk. She had thought about asking him that but wanted to respect his privacy so she was kind of surprised he had anticipated her question.

She wasn't really sure how to act around someone she didn't know all that well. Aurelie had classes with Harry and she knew of his fame in the wizarding world (because well, who didn't?) and that he was good at Quidditch but she knew next to nothing about her housemate. "I was just writing to my family. " she said indicating the letter written in French she was holding. "We moved from France two months before I started at Hogwarts."

HARRY POTTER

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
HARRY POTTER
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 08:01 AM
Eliza
100 sickles

Oh, that's what that is. Harry could tell she had an accent but wasn't really sure where it was from exactly. He just knew it wasn't British. "Do you miss it there?" Harry missed nothing about the muggle world, though he supposed that Aurelie would already know about magic and her life outside of Hogwarts was probably quite different because of it. It was probably like Ron's.

Just then, Harry noticed they came to a fork in the corridor. Either they could go left towards the marble staircase or right by the Owlery. "Is this, erm, do you need some privacy with your letter?" Harry wasn't sure if she wanted him to come along or not. "I mean, I can walk with you more unless you want to be alone."

AURELIE CHARBONNEAU

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 07:47 PM
shana
139 sickles

Aurelie thought for a minute when Harry asked if she missed France. "Sometimes I guess, but England is really lovely. I'll probably go back to France in the summer. I can't stay away forever." she said. She would suggest visiting her mother and father's parents in France over the summer in her next letter. She knew her parents loved England but probably also missed France sometimes as well.

She loved England and of course she would still be living there during the school term and the summer if she didn't go back and visit France for a bit. When summer came she was going to miss Ellie and she was going to miss the other friends she had made too. She hadn't thought about where she might go when she finished with Hogwarts, though she had years to think about that. She was only a First year after all.

When they came to the fork in the corridor Aurelie noticed him hesitate a bit and ask if she wanted privacy to send her letter. "No, it's perfectly alright with me if you come. I'd like to talk with you some more, if that's alright. We are in the same house and year so we should maybe try to get to know each other a bit if you'd like." she said.

HARRY POTTER

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
HARRY POTTER
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 10:02 AM
Eliza
100 sickles

Harry couldn't really think about missing 'home'. To him, Hogwarts was home, and he would be feeling the opposite. He would miss being at Hogwarts while being away. But he supposed he could understand, if he thought that France was Hogwarts.

"Erm, yeah. That would be great." Harry wasn't so sure with the way she said it. Was it just because he was the Boy Who Lived that she wanted to get to know him or did she actually want to get to know Harry? He couldn't really be sure these days. Some hated him, some loved him, and the ones in between just seemed to ignore him. It was the first time having any friends, though, unless Mrs. Figg counted (and he really hoped she didn't), so he wasn't going to pass up another friendship.

Harry wasn't sure how to start, though. "So how are you liking Hogwarts?" he asked, hoping it was a good starting point.

AURELIE CHARBONNEAU

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 12:02 AM
shana
139 sickles

"Hogwarts it's pretty amazing so far. You know, this magic stuff is kind of new to me too. " Aurelie stated, knowing it was kind of an odd thing to say for someone belonging to a half-blood family. "For example, I never knew the house tables could hold so much food." she continued, referring to the start of term feast.

When they reached the owlery the owl that belonged to Aurelie seemed to sense it's owner had come and flew over. "Harry, this is my owl Odette." she said. As she started tying the letter onto the bird's leg Aurelie thought of a question to ask. "So what do you think of classes so far? I know we're in the second half of term so I guess that's kind of a silly question, isn't it?"

HARRY POTTER

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
HARRY POTTER
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 10:50 PM
Eliza
100 sickles

"You're muggleborn too?" Harry inquired. That would be nice. Of course, he had both Hermione and Eliza to get along with when it came to Muggle stuff like Football or cooking or the Tube or anything, really. But it was nice to meet more people who were. Of course, Harry really wasn't, but he might as well have been. He didn't find out he was a wizard 'til only a month before he went to Hogwarts.

"Erm, I'm not actually, but I grew up in the Muggle world." Maybe she already knew, though. Hermione mentioned he was in a few books. Not exclusively but he was sure it said something about him living with his Muggle relatives.

"You don't know the half of it," Harry commented, a little quietly, and kind of to himself. He was used to practically starving all the time so he couldn't believe all th efood either. BUt he was sure that not every wizarding family ate like that either. It had to be amazing to anyone.

When they entered the owlery, it didn't take long for Aurelie to show him her owl. "She's cute," he said. Then Harry looked around for Hedwig. He couldn't see her so maybe she was pretty high up. "Hedwig!" he called. After a moment, he heard some rustling feathers and then saw her come down towards him. She perched on a counter and Harry walked towards her. He pet her softly with his finger. "This is mine. I call her Hedwig." She was the first present he ever got, or at least it surely felt like it. Broken hand-me-downs from Dudley didn't really count. Hagrid got her for his birthday and Harry was always grateful.

"No, not really." Harry turned back to Aurelie. "History's a bore and Potions is a nightmare. But Charms is okay and Transfiguration is good, though kind of difficult. I guess my favourite is Flying, though." Harry smiled. It was pretty obvious that would be his favourite. He was a Quidditch player now, after all. "What about you?"

AURELIE CHARBONNEAU

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 12:39 AM
shana
139 sickles

Aurelie laughed a bit when he asked if she was muggleborn. Maybe her statement had been misleading. "Oh no, I'm half-blood. My father is pureblood and my mother is muggleborn, but I still know a thing or two about muggle things." she replied. She knew some things about magic but every day at Hogwarts was a new surprise. "I mostly meant that attending a school in another country that isn't my own is kind of a big adjustment. I would be at Beauxbatons right now if my parents hadn't decided to move to England. " she said. Aurelie knew that if she was at Beauxbatons she wouldn't be so self-conscious about her accent since she'd be surrounded by other French students. She was enjoying Hogwarts so far either way.

She wasn't sure if Harry knew about Beauxbatons since he was British so she quickly added, "It's another school of magic. My parents went there. Apparently that school doesn't have houses like Hogwarts does." she stated. Aurelie listened as Harry explained he grew up in the Muggle world. "What was that like growing up in the muggle world, if you don't mind my asking?" she asked as Harry showed her his owl. "Nice to meet you, Hedwig."

As Harry told her about classes she nodded in agreement about History of Magic. "I actually have to agree with you about our History class. It really is boring." she replied. "I can definitely see how Transfiguration is difficult as well. I think I like Charms though, it's interesting learning what all the different spells are for. "

Aurelie could definitely see how Flying was Harry's favorite class. She thought he did very well in his first game, not counting the mysterious incident with his broom. Flying and Quidditch was definitely not for her but she still went to the game. "Speaking of Flying, you're a very good Quidditch player. That's another thing that kind of mystifies me. I never encountered Quidditch until coming to Hogwarts. There's a French national team but that's all I know. I'm sorry to say the sport doesn't really interest me but I'll still come to the games. Gotta support my house after all." she said with a smile.

HARRY POTTER

Note: I don't know if it's cheating to bring up Beauxbatons before we even get to the Triwizard Tournament. Sorry if it is, but yeah we all know that's where Aurelie would've ended up if her parents didn't move.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE