BOTE EXPANSION -> Starting the term off right!
welcome to beginning of the end

GRYFFINDOR

RAVENCLAW

HUFFLEPUFF

SLYTHERIN

homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE
the beginning of the end is a trio era harry potter roleplay. we are currently set in 1991 and will be roleplaying through harry's years and beyond. immerse yourself within the pages rowling has created. get involved and even make changes to the story we all know.
october

Add Reply
New Poll

Starting the term off right!, James Walsh
INVIDIA MATRAXIA
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 01:56 AM
SLYTHERIN ☆ 13 ☆ Pure Blood

third year
56 Sickles
plotter

-------------------- Bad to the bone with worse intentions --------------------
We're gonna steal the show and leave them all defenseless
It was the first month back to school and Invidia loved nothing more than starting the term out right. It had become a ritual for her. Her first year, she had managed seven out of nine pranks within the first month without being caught. For second year, she'd been cought four of her twelve times, but only because she had lingered. It was hard to remember to hide. Invidia loved watching others get mad at her after they were covered in something disgusting.

But Invidia had opted to go a different route, this time. Dungbombs. She had brought loads of them. Sure, she was old enough for Hogsmeade this year and she could replenish her supply more often. But it never hurt to be prepared.

Invidia hid under a stone bench in the courtyard, angled so she was just out of sight of her target. All she needed was for her target to take three more steps and.... yes! Right on cue, Invidia leaned sideways from her spot, threw the dungbomb while her target's back was turned, and then ducked out of sight so she could watch the action unfold.

--------------------
PM
^
James Walsh
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 03:08 AM

third year
20 Sickles
plotter

First month of school was always annoying. You could see all the first year muggleborns looking around as if they ended up in Wonderland. James preferred to spend time on his own, reading a good book or strolling around Hogwarts, trying to uncover more of its mysteries. He'd sometimes make mean jokes and laugh at others, but that only happened when the boy was bored or not in the mood for anything more productive. The pressure society and his own family placed on him was indescribable and rather upsetting. Quite a few of his classmates and dorm colleagues knew the Walsh couple was in prison. They would not usually dare to mention it in front of James, but the boy knew very well all rumours. He did nothing to dismiss them, actually, as they helped building an image and reputation at school.

That day was definitely an intriguing one. Apparently, the more he tried avoiding certain people, the less likely he was to succeed. A student stopped him to ask about a classroom and he pointed her towards Moaning Myrtle bathroom. Another one almost bumped into him, while staring at one of those annoying, moving portraits. James sent him to the classroom that Peeves mostly enjoyed destroying, mentioning that he might find more curious portraits there.

At present, his attention was distracted by a girl hiding under a bench. His eyes followed her throwing a dungbomb and then ducking and changing her hideout. He stood up, following her, obviously giving up on his attempt to read.
"Starting the term well, I see..." he greeted his housemate with a confident, quite cynical smile. "Was it an old grudge? What did they do to deserve the smelly surprise?" he could almost feel it in the air, so he imagined the victim was in serious pain right now, having to tolerate the smell. James definitely did not want to be anywhere near the poor guy.

INVIDIA MATRAXIA

PM
^
INVIDIA MATRAXIA
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 02:48 AM

third year
56 Sickles
plotter

Invidia was enjoying the glorious sight in front of her and already considering who her next target would be. Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice next to her, and she didn't have to look to know who it was. Without taking her eyes off of the target, Invidia replied calmly, "What better way? I've already beat my numbers from the first week of last term." Invidia said the last part with a proud smirk, as though she were going for an exciting achievement.

Finally, she tore her gaze from her target for a moment and glanced at James. He questioned why, and all Invidia could think was why not?

"Since when do I need a reason?" Invidia countered his question with one of her own before glancing back to her target. Sadly, some friends had come to collect their target and he was leaving her line-of-sight.

With a sigh, Invidia emerged from her hiding spot and plopped down on the bench. She pulled out another wrapped-up dungbomb from her pocket and tossed it in the air a few times like a ball. "If you must know, I caught him staring a few days ago." Invidia looked a James with a small, innocent smile and added, "Well? It's rude to do so to somebody you don't know." Invidia pocketed the bomb once more.

"And what about you? Have you done anything useful this term?"

--------------------
PM
^
James Walsh
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 11:16 AM

third year
20 Sickles
plotter

He laughed when Invidia mentioned she already beat her previous numbers. "Impressive. You still recall the ones we did together?" there weren't that many, but most of them involved quite complex strategies and games. Sometimes they competed against each-other too. It was rather fun to challenge her from time to time and he did have quite a few ideas for the new term too. "Perhaps we should consider a new project soon." he obviously had just the right one in mind.

"You don't need a reason, but you usually have one." whether it was the most insignificant detail, it did not really matter. James knew very well that there was almost always a reason to pick x or y as a victim, rather than anyone else. He, however, did not know Invidia well enough to be able to predict her pattern of choosing victims. Could she tell what was his? His eyebrows raised when she announced him it was because of staring.
"Yeah, I guess having someone stare at you is never nice." he shrugged his shoulders, then stared at Invidia on purpose, smiling full of confidence.

He nodded when she asked whether he did anything useful. "Found a spell against dementors that might prove useful in the future." they both knew James still planned to break into Azkaban once he learned enough to be able to release his parents. "I was trying to master it, but my Patronus is still very unstable..." it was quite stupid he had to focus so much and think of positive things. It was even more difficult to do that around actual Dementors. Was the inventor of the spell aware how one would feel if they were getting nearby those creatures? They could take the soul of others through something as disgusting as a kiss. Having to think about happy memories or even plans was quite tricky. He's never heard his uncle or family ever mentioning that spell and James doubted they had a patronus at all. It also seemed very difficult for him to create one.

"Learning aside, I did not do much to keep up with the targets. I might enjoy all of this more if there's something at stake." it was obvious he meant a challenge or a game would be much more fun than him trying to make a random person's life miserable. James looked at her, curious whether Invidia agreed.

INVIDIA MATRAXIA
PM
^
INVIDIA MATRAXIA
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 10:46 PM

third year
56 Sickles
plotter

Indivia rolled her eyes with a grin at James' surprise. "Of course, I keep track of all of them." She tapped the side of her head with her finger. "Sometimes I write them down but only so I don't repeat the same type of prank on somebody. Can't have them thinking I follow a set pattern, can I?"

When the idea of a new project was mentioned, Invidia raised an eyebrow and glanced at James. "I'm listening," she replied. If the idea was coming from James, it was sure to be a good one, and Invidia didn't want to miss out on the fun.

A spell to use against dementors sounded boring to Invidia, but she supposed it would have its use. Especially for James. He wanted to break his parents out. Invidia was almost envious. If only her mother had ended up in Azkaban and not dead. "Patronus charm?" Invidia asked curiously. "Will it actually work?" Many skilled wizards couldn't even stand against dementors. She didn't doubt James or his abilities. But it'd be a shame to lose one of the few people she tolerated to those pesky prisons.

Invidia could spot a challenge coming from inside a locked box. When James mentioned things being more enjoyable with something at stake, Invidia replied within seconds, already picking up on his meaning. "Like a game of some kind. Do you have a target in mind? Or a specific group of people?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by eliza