BOTE EXPANSION -> Train to Hogwarts
welcome to beginning of the end

GRYFFINDOR

RAVENCLAW

HUFFLEPUFF

SLYTHERIN

homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE
the beginning of the end is a trio era harry potter roleplay. we are currently set in 1991 and will be roleplaying through harry's years and beyond. immerse yourself within the pages rowling has created. get involved and even make changes to the story we all know.
october

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Train to Hogwarts
ELIZA CUNNINGHAM
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 12:24 PM
ADMIN ☆ 11 ☆ Muggleborn

first year gryffindor
61 Sickles
plotter

It was September and time for everyone to go to Hogwarts. Some would be travelling for the first time, while others were returning to their beloved wizarding school. The train had snacks and reunions of friends and some even making new friends - it was filled with chatter and excitement for what was to come.

((This is a mass thread for everyone going to Hogwarts to roleplay their time on the train.))

Eliza was new to all of this. Her parents dropped her off at the train station. Luckily enough, the professor who had gone to their house to greet and invite her to Hogwarts and explain everything did tell her about how to get onto the platform.
Her parents found this all very strange but they supported their daughter and was glad to have an explanation for a few of the strange occurrances that had been happening around the house.

Eliza knew she would miss her parents. "I promise I'll write!" She hugged them each three times and then finally went onto the train with her luggage.
This was a scary step for the eleven year old. Not only was she stepping into a magical world she didn't know existed prior to a few months ago, but she also was going to a boarding school away from her parents to a place where she didn't know anyone at all. She knew she would make friends, but the first step onto the train was a little scary none-the-less.

There were quite a few compartments and many of them full. But finally she found one and went inside. There wasn't anyone in it. Eliza put her luggage on the rack above and then took a seat near the window. She looked out at the people along the platform - probably just family members. There were many parents but also a few younger kids as well who were probably too young to go to Hogwarts.

Not before long, the train started and Eliza looked out the window, her heart full of promise and excitement about her new life. She would really be learning about magic. For real. Part of her didn't think this was real just yet, but she was sure that she would once she actually got there. But for now, she had to ride the train all the way to Scotland.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 01:13 PM
GRYFFINDOR ☆ 11 ☆ Half Blood

first year
107 Sickles
plotter

Aurelie was both excited and nervous to be attending Hogwarts. She was born in France and normally would be heading to Beauxbatons but her parents decided to move here in July 1991. They did a bit of traveling after they graduated from Beauxbatons and decided they liked England when they visited back then.

The young French girl was accompanied by her twin brothers Pierre and Matthieu. Before boarding the Hogwarts express she hugged both her parents and her 8 year old sister Adelaide goodbye. As she made her way to a compartment with her stuff she heard Pierre say the twins were going to find a seat of their own. She smiled and nodded to them.

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Aurie?" Aurelie heard one of her brothers ask in French accented English. They were both still learning how to speak English a little better and maybe attending a UK school would help them.

"Oui, I am fine.. Go have fun, meet new people. I'll see you at school." Aurelie said as she hugged her brothers. Once they were out of sight Aurelie gently slid open the compartment door she had found. Inside she noticed a girl with red hair sitting next to the window. "excusez-moi, are these seats taken?"
PM
^
CONSTANCE GREVILLE
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 03:45 PM
MOD ☆ 11 ☆ Pure Blood

first year slytherin
244 Sickles
plotter

Constance stood next to her sister, hands folded patiently in front of her as they listened to their parents. It wasn't the first time the two of them had been forced to listen to a lecture about limitations. It also wouldn't be the first time they chose to ignore it.

"Now girls," Their father said, nearing the end of his little speech. Their mother stood beside him staring ahead with a smile, their arms latched as though they were posing for a magazine editorial of 'trophy couple.' "You know we don't like set limits for you, but do try not to get expelled. Some of the trash at this school might not understand why we allow you to do the things you do."

Constance glanced sideways at her twin for a moment before glancing up with a fake yawn. "Yeah, yeah, we get it. Don't get caught." As her sister spoke asking if there was anything else, their parents shook their head slowly. Constance stood still as her mother placed a kiss on her forehead. Once they had said their goodbyes, the two girls climbed on the train together.

Once in the corridor of the train, Constance felt Claudia link her arm in hers and they set off to find a compartment. When passing others, Constance used her free elbow to shove people out of the way. If these losers don't know when to step aside, it's going to be along, long year, she thought irritably.

Finally, they found an empty compartment towards the back. Constance glanced at her sister for a moment and the two nodded at one another in unison, silently agreeing before entering it. They hoisted their luggage onto the rack above them before sitting side-by-side near the window in silence. Arms still linked.

--------------------
user posted image
Icon by Eliza, Sig by ;;porcelain doll@sp<3
PM
^
CLAUDIA GREVILLE
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 03:45 PM
SLYTHERIN ☆ 11 ☆ Pure Blood

first year
79 Sickles
plotter

Claudia's arms were crossed in front of her chest and her fingers were drumming impatiently as though time were running out. They had time before the train left. Claudia had simply been hoping to avoid listening to yet another lecture. She glanced sideways at her twin. At least Constance looked patient enough for the both of them.

As their father finished up his speech about not getting expelled, Claudia glanced sideways at her twin and let out a small sigh of relief. A second after Constance summed up the little speech, Claudia questioned in a bored tone, "Anything else?" Their parents shook their heads. As her mother kissed her forehead in parting, the two turned and headed towards the train.

The corridor of the train was bustling with people, and Claudia was already certain she hated most of them. She glanced at Constance who just looked stoic, but a disgusted expression lit Claudia's face. Quickly, she linked her arm in Constance's not wanting to get separated in the corridor of the train. It also made it easier to push through people.

As they began moving through the train, shoving people aside, Claudia made a point to stomp hard on the foot of one person who was in their way. After what felt like ages, they finally saw an empty compartment. Claudia glanced at her sister and as the two agreed silently, they entered the compartment. Once their luggage was on the rack, Claudia sat next to her sister, their arms still linked as though somebody would come into the compartment and try to separate them. But there was an awful lot of trash on the train. One couldn't be too safe.

--------------------
user posted image
Signature by ChocoLATE@SP! <3
PM
^
ATLAS BLACKWELL
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 09:58 PM
HUFFLEPUFF ☆ 13 ☆ Muggleborn

Second year
69 Sickles
plotter

Do you got all your stuff?" The dark haired man's tallest father had asked." Of course, he does you double checked his bag and trunk before we arrived." The hazel-eyed man's shortest parent had told his partner. " I'm fine i swear." Atlas had told his parents when they had stopped on the platform near the train. The train had loomed over them the tall teen could not help but have mixed feelings about going back. But , he had still being happy to be going back for his second year. At least this year his parents had seemed less worry. " Make sure you write to us. Now go before you miss the train." Atlas's tallest father had chimed in as the train's whistle its warning bell.

After hugging both of his parents, the hazel eyed teen had headed on to the train with his carry on bag. It had taken him several moments, but he had found an empty compartment. After slipping inside he had closed the door behind him gently. As the train had jerked the dark haired teen had taken his drawing supplies out of his carry on shoulder bag. As some voices and footsteps had lingered in the hall, Atlas had started on a drawing an owl with a letter. His compartment had been pretty far back, so he had doubted he could find his dad's in the crowd outside. Therefore, he had not bothered to peek out to try.

--------------------
PM
^
ELIZA CUNNINGHAM
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:44 PM
ADMIN ☆ 11 ☆ Muggleborn

first year gryffindor
61 Sickles
plotter

Eliza was drawn out of her daydream suddenly by a voice at the door to her compartment. She sounded French, but at least she clearly spoke English. "Oh, hi!" She smiled at the girl. "No, no, not at all." Eliza turned towards her to make her feel welcome and not like she just wanted to sit and stare out the window the whole time. "Are you.. a first year too? I'm Eliza, by the way."

AURELIE CHARBONNEAU

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 11:22 PM

first year
107 Sickles
plotter

Aurelie returned the red head's friendly smile and then somehow managed to hoist her heavy luggage into the overhead compartment. Her brothers were already on another end of the train, probably trying to make a new friend like she was, so she wasn't able to call them back. She could've searched the corridors for them later but the French girl decided she would like to try and get to know one of her fellow First years before she went to see what her brothers were up to.

She nodded when the girl asked if she was a First year as well. "Oui, I...I mean yes, yes I am a First year. Sorry. I'm Aurelie. My family just moved to England this summer. It's nice to meet you, Eliza." she replied. She knew she was going to have to try and watch her random slip ups into French since she was no longer in her home country. She talked to her family in French all the time that sometimes it was easy to forget she wasn't back home. The French girl entered the compartment and settled into one of the empty seats.

ELIZA CUNNINGHAM
PM
^
HARRY POTTER
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 11:30 PM

first year
57 Sickles
plotter

Hagrid hadn't given very good instructions. After going back to live with the Dursleys for a month (as his birthday was in July and August did exist), Harry luckily got a ride with them to London to catch the train to Hogwarts. They had business there anyway so he really lucked out. But he figured they probably wanted him out of there for the year anyway. This was a good situation for the both of them.

When Harry arrived, he looked at his ticket again. Nine and three quarters? How am I supposed to get there? Harry stood there looking between his ticket, platform nine, and platform ten. Ticket, nine, ten, ticket, nine, ten. Nothing was making any sense.

"...Packed with Muggles, of course."

Muggles... Well if she knew what muggles were, then she obviously could do magic. Harry hurried along until he found the owner of the voice and saw that it was a mother with many children. Harry watched as they bickered until a few of them suddenly walked through the wall and disappeared! Where did they go? Obviously it was some sort of magic but Harry had no idea.

"Erm, excuse me..." he piped up towards the older woman.

"Hello, dear boy. First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new too."

Harry looked towards the youngest boy there, thinking that must be Ron.

"Yeah, I just... Erm, how do you..?"

"All you have to do is walk between the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous."

Harry gulped. Okay, he saw it being done before. But maybe they knew something more than he did. Maybe he would do it wrong and he would just run right into the wall and look like a fool. Maybe this woman was playing a trick on him and it was just Harry Hunting all over again. Well, he wasn't going to get to Hogwarts by chickening out. And besides, he had no way of getting back to the Dursley's from there (and he really didn't want to).

Harry gripped his trolly and looked down at Hedwig. They could do this. They had to. He started to walk towards it but as he got closer, he went a little faster and faster until he was running full speed. He closed his eyes tight when he got to the wall, expecting to come crashing into it and getting in trouble by some authority. But he didn't. He just kept running and almost ran into the train on the other side. It was beautiful. Big and red and there was a nearby sign that said Platform nine and three quarters! It really was real after all!

Harry hurriedly got onto the train and struggled with his trunk and Hedwig's cage as he found an empty compartment. He looked out into the platform and saw the ginger family talking and saying their goodbyes. They all looked so happy. Harry envied that. But he knew that such thoughts would just bring him down. He was so excited, he couldn't be brought down right now!

Slowly but surely, all of the students boarded the train and it was off. Not before long, the younger ginger boy, Ron, came in and asked if he could sit there. Harry nodded his head and the boy took a seat with him. It was a little quiet at first but then he blurted out if Harry really was Harry Potter. It was a little strange to be asked that. Harry was just a normal boy for most of his life.

"Uh, yeah."

"And you've got the--"

Harry pulled back his notoriously messy hair to show Ron his scar. Ron seemed pretty impressed. Harry didn't see what the big deal was. It was just a scar. He knew what it meant. He had heard Hagrid's story. But this was all very new to him and his unique scar that set him apart from other people for most of his life now meant something far worse and more depressing. It was the reason he didn't have his parents anymore. Well, it wasn't the actual reason, but it was the reminder of what happened to make him an orphan.

((At this point, if someone (say, Hermione) wants to but in, that's cool. I just needed Harry and Ron to have their moment because their friendship is super important to instigate.))

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
ELIZA CUNNINGHAM
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 11:48 PM
ADMIN ☆ 11 ☆ Muggleborn

first year gryffindor
61 Sickles
plotter

"It's nice to meet you too." Eliza smiled at Aurelie. "From France? What's that like? That sounds like it's exciting. I've just been in London my whole life." Well, that wasn't entirely true. Her family usually went on vacation for a bit every couple of years and every year they at least did a little excursion, even if it didn't go too far. Her family wasn't wealthy, but they did okay enough to be able to afford that.

Eliza hoped she was right about Aurelie being French. That wouldn't have been nice if she had guessed wrong. But just then ,the trolly came around with snacks. Eliza had transferred some of her muggle money to some Sickles and Knuts. Her parents hadn't given her too much but said they would send her more if she needed it. "Um, I don't really know what any of these are." She looked at them and was sorely confused. "I, um, I don't know about magical things yet." Yep, she was a muggleborn. She hoped that Aurelie wouldn't look down on her for not knowing about wizarding desserts. Hopefully she would be able to help Eliza pick some nice ones to have.

AURELIE CHARBONNEAU

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
ALEXANDER KNIGHT
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 12:03 AM

First year
47 Sickles
plotter

After his parents ha bid farewell and sent him on the train, Alex found himself inside a packed hallway filled with students filing into compartments. Since this was his first year he didn't know anyone, but that didn't matter. This would be the perfect time to make friends! Plus he was going to Hogwarts, finally, and that's all that mattered. Part of him wanted to enjoy the train ride, but the other just wanted to be at school already. Most of the compartments were already full, and as he continued scanning he thought he would never find one. That was until he noticed one with only a dark-haired boy alone. This would have to do. Trying to be polite, Alex gently slid open the door and smiled with a dip of his head. "Everywhere else is full, mind if I sit here?" He would wait for a moment before making his way inside and sitting across from the slightly older student.

"I'm Alexander, but you can call be Alex if you like," he said with a wide smile and held out his hand for a shake. Some people would be nervous to talk to a stranger, but Alex had always been the kind to be able to talk to just about anyone. Plus they were all going to the same place and had that in common. In a moment he would feel the train begin to rumble, and then they were off! This was the beginning of an amazing adventure, he just knew it.

ATLAS BLACKWELL

--------------------
user posted image
credit to valentine@sp
PM
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 12:40 AM

first year
107 Sickles
plotter

Aurelie nodded to show Eliza that she was correct in guessing she was from France. She did have the accent after all. She tried to think of how to describe her home country to her. "Yes, that's correct. France is....well, it's a very beautiful country. It was quite exciting living there. I'm sure I'll probably go back someday when I'm older." she said. She listened as Eliza told her she lived in London her whole life. "Tell me Eliza, what is England like? I still have a lot to learn about my new home I guess."

The French girl knew she would probably figure that out for herself for as long as her parents decided they wanted to live here. It seemed like a good way to break the ice and get to know the First year. She had never been to England before the move so she had a feeling that attending this Hogwarts would be a new and exciting experience for her. She watched as the trolley came around and Eliza pulled out some sort of strange coins. She figured it was probably the currency they used here.

When she went shopping for school supplies with her parents in diagon alley in August someone on the street had to explain to her parents about Gringotts since they came here with French euros. After it was explained to them she was able to exchange her French money for the strange British money. She knew her parents should be at least a bit familiar with the wizarding world since they both went to Beauxbatons but she was certain they didn't use whatever money Eliza currently held in her hand. "That's alright. I'm a little confused myself. I'm a half blood. My parents went to a wizarding school in France, but this is all a bit new to them as well. They didn't know about Gringotts so some other witch we met on the street in diagon alley had to show it to them." she explained.

Aurelie eyed the trolley again, examining the strange sweets. Aurelie was beginning to wonder if Eliza was muggleborn, like her mother. She had never met anyone who wasn't already familiar with the magical world. Her father knew some things since he was pureblood but Gringotts and the goblins were a new thing for him. She wasn't that familiar with the magical world yet either but she was looking forward to learning more. Aurelie only just found out she was a witch a month ago and everything was still new and strange to her.

ELIZA CUNNINGHAM
PM
^
GIOVANNA NERO
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 09:57 AM

first year
34 Sickles
plotter

Giovanna had assumed she would go to Firenze, but that never happened. Her father had uprooted her family and brought them all to England. Giovanna didn't like it. It was gloomy and they were all English. She could speak it now, but she still had an accent. Plus, she would miss her little brother, Fabbio. Why did she have to go to school with Mario? He was so annoying. But at least he was in an older year. Hopefully Giovanna wouldn't have to see him.

She decided to find a compartment away from both him and Viola. She was lucky to find an empty one early on. There were lots of students who were scrambling to find one now. Giovanna peered out the window for a bit, but then she got a little bored so she reached up and let out her cat from the carrier and put her on her lap. A black cat, it was perfect for a witch. "Umbra, I guess it's just you and me for now."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 10:08 AM

first year
42 Sickles
plotter

Daphne was more than ready to get out of her parent's house. All the stupid dresses her mother tried to make her wear were too much for her. Not to mention her annoying sister who revelled in all that their mother wanted them to do as 'little ladies'. No, that wasn't for Daphne and she wouldn't have any of it. At Hogwarts, she would be herself and she could do what she wanted to do, not what her parents wanted her to do.

She knew she would enjoy potions but she wasn't sure about anything else. Of course, she knew many people already who her parents brought over from other pureblood families and she also knew to expect less than worthy people too. Yes, Daphne was brought up to believe in the old pureblood ideals. But she wasn't some extremist who wanted to kill them all. Just not associate with them. But she knew to expect that she would have to converse with them a lot in classes and around the school. Of course, she knew she would also be able to choose who her friends were and would only associate with those she wanted to associate with.

Finding a compartment alone, she took out one of her books and started to read. It wasn't one of the ones for school but was something else entirely. She wasn't some excitable know-it-all who wanted to get a head start on all of the magic they would learn but she also did enjoy a good book.

--------------------
user posted image
set by teal
PMEmail
^
CONSTANCE GREVILLE
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:51 PM
MOD ☆ 11 ☆ Pure Blood

first year slytherin
244 Sickles
plotter

GIOVANNA NERO

Constance sat arm-in-arm with Claudia as the two of them were content to stare out the window at the scenery. But their compartment door opened and somebody walked in, helping themselves to the seat across from them. And without asking!

Constance glanced at Claudia, who was glancing back at her. Whoever this person sitting across from them was, they weren't saying anything. That only made Constance feel awkward. She was sure Claudia was likely feeling the same way.

She had been hopeful they'd have the compartment to themselves, but if they HAD to share it, it certainly wasn't going to be with this silent stranger. Constance stood up and reached into their luggage. She dug around a bit before pulling out one of their textbooks. She handed it to Claudia and whispered, "Here, read through this, I won't be gone long." Claudia started sputtering but Constance just sighed, "Trust me!" Without waiting for a reaction, she bounded out of the compartment.

Constance began searching casually through the windows of different compartments in search for better options. There were quite a few people sitting alone, but Constance knew none of them. Finally, she came across one compartment with a girl holding a cat. I have to take a chance she thought with dread. Slowly, Constance opened the door to the compartment with an exit strategy in mind in case things went badly. She took a deep breath and glanced at the girl. "I hope you don't mind me joining you, I'm afraid there aren't many options."

Constance took a seat across from the girl and folded her hands in her lap. She didn't have to stay long. But she needed to test the waters before dragging her twin into a random stranger's compartment. She glanced at the cat the girl was holding and asked, "Pretty cat, my twin brought one as well. What's its name?" Social. Chatting. It made Constance a bit nervous to be doing it without her twin around to lean on, but she could handle this.

--------------------
user posted image
Icon by Eliza, Sig by ;;porcelain doll@sp<3
PM
^
CLAUDIA GREVILLE
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:52 PM

first year
79 Sickles
plotter

The interruption Claudia and her sister left Claudia in a foul mood. Especially when the stranger in question wasn't even speaking. A simple 'Hello, I'm joining you,' would have sufficed!

Her mood worsened when Constance suddenly had the brilliant idea of abandoning her! What was Claudia supposed to do with her gone?! She scoffed as Constance handed her the book. "What? Why- what are you-" Claudia barely got a full sentence out when Constance just said to trust her. Claudia gave her twin a dirty look and whispered, "Well, hurry back!"

Claudia stared longingly for a moment as her twin disappeared out of sight. With a sigh, she opened the book she had been handed. Standard book of spells. Well, maybe Claudia could get ahead on a few of the spells. Not that the thought of studying was thrilling, but if the stranger wasn't going to talk, Claudia was going to tune them out as well.

--------------------
user posted image
Signature by ChocoLATE@SP! <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by eliza