BOTE EXPANSION -> Christmas Feast
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

february

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3

06/08

The holidays are now over, and term has resumed once more. Students will now want to turn their attention to end of year exams, now the time to relax has passed.

06/01

Welcome Vane to the staff team as our newest Moderator. (:

06/01

The Activity Check is now over. If you got unsorted, you can still come back - just PM a staff member to get your account resorted.

05/26

Happy new year! You'll find that time will go by a little more quickly now. Before we know it, term will be over. =o But for now, enjoy the rest of the school year.

04/29

We have a new skin. We hope you enjoy it. we're nearing 2 months old and will have an activity check up in a few weeks too.

04/20

It's now November and it's time for the first Quidditch game of the season!
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

Christmas Feast, OPEN TO ALL
ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 12:53 AM
headmaster ☆ Half Blood ☆ 111
Vane
27 sickles

(( A mass thread for those students that spent Christmas at Hogwarts ))

Dumbledore adored Christmas time. He loved receiving gifts - and giving them. His morning had been pleasantly spent down in the kitchens with the Hogwarts house elves, discussing the feast for that evening. He had then enjoyed copious amounts of sugary treats of various quantities from various givers while listening to a chamber music score in his study.

After an enjoyable and relaxing day, it was now time for the real festivities to begin. Professors McGonagall and Flitwick had done a marvelous job decorating the Great Hall, and as it did every year, looked even more spectacular than the year before. Dumbledore sat at the High table, a small smile playing on his face as he enjoyed light and spiked mead induced conversations with Professor McGonagall, who had taken to giggling at regular intervals. Albus found this exceptionally entertaining, and said all he could to ensue more giggles from the professor.

The students filed in as they pleased, the feast already served when they arrived, so they could dig straight in. All the Christmas dinner favorites were available, along with wizard crackers for every plate. The four house tables had all been moved off to the side, and one single, shorter table remained in the middle, with sitting enough for those students who chose to spend Christmas at Hogwarts. Albus didn't want anyone feeling left out tonight, of all nights, so made sure the atmosphere for most intimate that they may have been used to.

The atmosphere for merry and festive, and Albus resigned himself to enjoying the rest of the evening with merriment, as he replaced his wizard's hat with the flowered bonnet that had just come out of his wizard cracker.
PM
^
DRACO MALFOY
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:57 PM
first year ☆ Pure Blood ☆ 11
ENNA
68 sickles

Draco had been unhappy about staying at Hogwarts for the holidays when he realized the stupid Weasleys and Potter were also remaining. But Crabbe and Goyle had as well so Draco made sure to surround himself with them at the Slytherin table as they ate. But he didn't hesitate to shoot a nasty glare towards the Weasley family before he dug into the food.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Eliza! <3
PM
^
QUIRINUS QUIRRELL
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:09 PM
dada ☆ Half Blood ☆ 35
ENNA
45 sickles

Quirrell was getting fed up with Snape's constant watch over him. His master was too, Quirrell could feel it. Every time his master grew angry, he could do nothing but put up with it. Such was the problem with having your master's essence attached to you. Quirrell was content to try and do better. But he needed to be careful with Snape. He needed a plan of some kind. He only hoped his master would come up with an idea.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
PENELOPE CLEARWATER
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:11 PM
fifth year ☆ Half Blood ☆ 15
ENNA
82 sickles

Penelope sat at the Ravenclaw table eating, not regretting her decision to stay at the school during the holidays. She had a lot of studying to do for O.W.Ls and wasn't about to let the holidays interrupt that. While it probably looked unfestive, Penelope had a textbook open in front of her for some reading while she ate. But after a while, she closed it and decided to look up at the other Ravenclaws for a bit.

"Is everybody enjoying Christmas," She asked in a warm voice with a smile to match.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
All Icons by Eliza! <3
PM
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:13 PM
first year ☆ Muggleborn ☆ 11
ENNA
80 sickles

While staying at the school of the holidays had been optional, Ellie had decided it was a better decision. Her parents were always busy and work didn't stop for them, even during the holidays. What was the point of being at home in their way when they would be busy? She could just as easily 'mind her own business and work on her art' at the school. So instead, she ate in silence watching and listening to those around her. So far, Christmas at the school hadn't been too bad. And her parents had sent her more art supplies.

--------------------
user posted image
Icon by Eliza, Icon by Dystopia@Shadowplay! <3
PM
^
CONSTANCE GREVILLE
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:19 PM
first year slytherin ☆ Pure Blood ☆ 11
ENNA
360 sickles

Constance and her twin hadn't wanted to stay for Christmas, but it had been their best option when they realized their parents would be busy. Reluctantly, they had spent the holidays bored. Many of their 'targets' had gone home for the holidays. "I suppose we should be studying," Constance commented dryly to her twin.

--------------------
user posted image
Icon by Eliza, Sig by ;;porcelain doll@sp<3
PM
^
CLAUDIA GREVILLE
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:19 PM
ENNA
95 sickles

Claudia glanced up from her food when Constance mentioned studying and grimaced. "We already did. What are we going to do, reread the same content? Claudia sighed and dropped her fork in favor of her juice goblet. "I miss home. And I was hoping our parents would send more prank supplies. I don't think twenty-three dungbombs will last us very long."

--------------------
user posted image
Signature by ChocoLATE@SP! <3
PM
^
INVIDIA MATRAXIA
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:21 PM
third year ☆ Pure Blood ☆ 13
ENNA
70 sickles

Invidia was listening in on every conversation around her but remaining silent. Eavesdropping could often prove useful. But so far, she wasn't hearing anything entertaining.

When one-half of the first-year twins mentioned not having enough dungbombs, Invidia turned her gaze their direction. "Twenty-three?" Invidia echoed with a laugh. "That's plenty if you plan your attacks accordingly. You don't have to aim for just one target at a time." Invidia turned back to her food and decided to let that information soak in.

--------------------
PM
^
RONALD WEASLEY
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 01:24 PM
Tey
18 sickles

Ron stuffed his face with bacon sandwiches as he sat amongst other Gryffindor students. Taking a small break to chew his food, he looked around the Great Hall to notice Draco Malfoy, who was giving him a dirty look. He couldn't help but angrily grunt, "Malfoy". He hoped that the little weasel was leaving Hogwarts for the holidays. The castle was pretty huge so he hoped that this would be the only time he'd see his ugly mug.

Somehow he ended up sitting across from Ellie. He didn't know her quite well, then again he didn't know quite a few people in Gryffindor. All he knew about her was that she was rooming with Hermione. Ron couldn't image sleeping in the same room as her, he'd probably go mental. Curiosity got the best of him which resulted in him saying, with his mouth full of food, "Staying for Christmas? Me too, Mum and Dad went to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons. Wish I could've gone with them, but there was no room and I can't leave Harry alone in this castle with Malfoy...And Snape..." Though staying wasn't all bad. Harry had to stay as well, seeing as he wasn't going back just to be tortured by those god-awful muggles he talked about.
PM
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:20 PM
ENNA
80 sickles

While talking to people was still difficult since Ellie preferred avoiding them, Eliza and Aurelie had helped her become a bit more comfortable with most other Gryffindors. She and Ron Weasley had never really spoken before, and Ellie had usually avoided him, Harry, and Hermione due to Hermione's overbearing personality. At least Ellie thought she was.

But Hermione wasn't there, or at least Ellie hadn't seen her. So when Ron addressed her, Ellie decided to respond, "Dragons?" Ellie echoed curiously. She had heard others mention them in passing and it had been a bit of a shock to find out they were real. "They sound fascinating. I'd love to paint one someday." Ellie sighed, thinking of the potential artwork that could come from seeing a REAL dragon.

At the mention of Malfoy and Snape, however, Ellie frowned. She glanced towards the Slytherin table and then looked away said quietly, "It seems like everybody mean is in Slytherin. I still don't understand why they dislike so many people" Ellie frowned.

RONALD WEASLEY

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
RONALD WEASLEY
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 01:29 PM
Tey
18 sickles

Ron hadn't had a clue where Harry was, but he knew that Hermione planned on going home to her parents for the holiday. Hopefully, Harry was on his way down and not getting himself into trouble. Ron fancied a game of Wizards Chess, and he probably wasn't going to ask Ellie because he thought most girls didn't understand Wizards Chess.

In regards to her comments on dragons, he replied, "Never seen a real dragon before? Bloody scary some of them. My father used to tell me that most wizards see at least one dragon before they die. I haven't seen one up myself, but my brother took a picture with one and sent it to me. When you do see one just don't get to close, they like to bite. One might even eat you whole." Ron wasn't trying to scare her or anything, just trying to drop some common dragon knowledge. In fact, he was probably scaring himself more than her. Ronald always thought it was weird that she had paint stains on her robes and clothing. Made a whole lot of sense now that she told him that she paints.

She was right, Slytherin was basically a mean kids club that housed the vilest and wretched students on campus. He personally hasn't met a good egg in Slytherin and probably never will. Based on what he knew and what his brothers tell him, he came up with an answer for a reason."It's simple really. Slytherin has a nasty bunch of purebloods that look down on everyone else, especially muggle-born wizards. They've given muggle-born wizards a rotten nickname... Mudbloods... They really hate anyone that likes, is, or associate with muggles. Like my family, for example, my parents love muggles and think their fascinating. People like Draco and his father call my parents and blood traitors because of it." Ron turned around to glance at the Slytherin table once more before looking back at Ellie.

The boy was still curious as to why she was still at Hogwarts. Then again it was none of his business, so he didn't plan on asking again. They hadn't had a proper introduction which was pretty rude of him, they've had classes together so he knew her name. However, his mother promoted him thank Godric his mother wasn't present or she would've given him a proper slap. Ron dusted his hands off before extending one toward the girl while saying, " Names Ronald Weasley...Sorry, Mum tells me to introduce myself to people." His palm still had quite a few bread crumbs on it, he tried his best to get them all but sadly he couldn't.
ELLIE MIRREN
PM
^
GIOVANNA NERO
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 02:04 PM
Eliza
36 sickles

Giovanna was not happy about having to stay at bloody Hogwarts for the holidays. SHe wanted to go home. She wanted to go to Italy. Even if she couldn't go there, she'd rather go to her parents' manor. And now she had to stay there with her most annoying brother and very annoying Gryffindorks. At least there was Draco, though. She sat beside him, of course, and took some food after the actual eating began. It was a small group, which made it worse. She had to sit with people like Potter and Weasley.

Why was networking so important anyway? Her parents were really trying to get into all of the most in crowds with the English purebloods so they took the Malfoys away on a trip. On Christmas of all times. She supposed they were glad to be rid of their kids but Giovanna wasn't glad to be rid of them. She didn't get along with her mother very well because she tried to push Giovanna to be something she didn't want to be, but she did look up to her father a lot.

"I hate parents," Giovanna mumbled, figuring only Draco would hear her. If anyone else tried to inquire, they would get quite the glare.

DRACO MALFOY

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 03:05 PM
ENNA
80 sickles

Ellie frowned at the idea of being eaten by a dragon. Perhaps the pain would be worth seeing one but Ellie wanted a chance to, at least, paint one before she died. "That's not much fun. Are any of them friendly? At all?" Ellie reached forward and took a sip of her drink. "Your brother is lucky. To work with them and still live if they're that dangerous? He must be really good with them."

Meanwhile, Ellie's mind was still on the fact that Ronald apparently had a brother outside of school. She wasn't naive to the fact that there were a lot of 'Weasleys' in Gryffindor. It was hard to miss when they all looked alike. She glanced down at the other red-headed Weasleys before asking, "How many siblings do you have?"

The redhead's description of Slytherin house seemed dead on as Ellie glanced back over to the table. Some of them looked angry or mad. Others looked like they were up to something. None of them ever looked happy, at least in Ellie's opinion. Were they not such a mean bunch, she'd feel sorry for them. "How many like that are there?" Ellie asked as her gaze shifted back to the boy she was conversing with. "Who hate muggle-borns, I mean. Is there a reason why?" Ellie paused and cracked a smile at the thought of his's parents enjoying muggles. "Your parents sound like the reverse of mine. I didn't actually want to come to Hogwarts but they were fascinated with the idea of magic." Ellie sighed before admitting, "I had wanted to go to art school instead." Ellie glanced over to the Slytherin table at the blonde one called Draco Malfoy. "So Malfoy's whole family is like him? That explains why he always looks like somebody threw dirty paint in his eyes."

At the official introductions, Ellie hummed thoughtfully before replying, "Ellie Mirren." Ellie shook Ron's hand, caring very little about the breadcrumbs. She was certain she still had green paint in her hair from earlier that day. Who was she to complain about messes?

RONALD WEASLEY

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
DRACO MALFOY
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 03:10 PM
ENNA
68 sickles

Draco glanced up at Giovanna Nero as she mentioned hating parents. He hmphed in agreement before muttering in return, "Bloody right." Draco shook his head angrily before glancing over towards the Gryffindor table. "It makes sense for riffraff like the Weasleys and Potter to be left behind, the Weasleys are broke and probably can't feed their kids, and Potter isn't wanted."

Draco rolled his eyes and shifted his gaze back to the table in front of him. "But we don't have that problem. Our parents should be thrilled to have his home for the holidays." Draco stabbed the meat on his plate with the fork in his hands. "I understand my parents wanting to make friends with yours, it only seems right that all of the proper families stick together. But they've had several months to do that!"

GIOVANNA NERO

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Eliza! <3
PM
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:44 AM
first year ☆ Half Blood ☆ 11
shana
125 sickles

Aurelie was sitting at the Gryffindor table next to Ellie and across from Ron, eating her meal as her friend conversed with the red head. It was the Christmas holidays and while she could have gone home she decided to stay instead to see what the castle was like around the holidays.

Her parents would have liked to have her home but they knew she had made friends at school so her mother had asked if she wanted to go home or spend the holiday with whoever in her house stayed for Christmas and that's why she was here now. Her brothers had decided to take their parents up on the offer to come home so they could see their sister Adelaide who is not old enough for Hogwarts yet.

She tried not to let it bother her that Malfoy kept glaring at their table. She didn't care if Malfoy thought her friends were riff raff (ok, maybe she kind of cared but she wasn't going to let it ruin her holiday). His attitude towards muggles. muggleborns and anyone not from a pureblood family disgusted her, especially since her own mother was a muggleborn. "Ellie, in my opinion Malfoy isn't worth a second thought. He's rude, obnoxious and that's the end of it. Don't let him ruin the holiday and let's just celebrate Christmas." she answered, her french accent getting slightly thicker at the mention of Malfoy.

They had been at school for months now and it still embarrassed her when something made her angry or upset to make her accent a bit more noticeable. She then turned her attention back to Ron. "I'm Aurelie." she told the boy. She knew her last name Charbonneau was probably a mouthful for some people what with it having two n's so she decided to only give her first name.

RONALD WEASLEY ELLIE MIRREN

--------------------
icon by Enna <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE