THE BEGINNING -> Dust and Shadows
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

june

08/02

The Activity Check is now complete and congrats to the OTM winners! Enjoy your awards. <3

07/24

Welcome Sarah to the staff team. (:

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

Dust and Shadows, open
ATLAS BLACKWELL
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:53 PM
ATLAS BLACKWELL

Classes had just ended for the day, but the tall framed boy had decided to head outside anyway. He had homework to do, but he hadn't felt like doing that. So, after putting away his school supplies, he had filled his bag with his art supplies. Once satisfied he had headed outside to the lake. To his relief so far it had seemed pretty quiet there. After a sigh and a breath of relief, the dark haired teen had settled himself down on the grass by the lake. The remainder of homework had nagged his brain, but he had rudely told it off. Instead, he had wanted to draw and forget the world for a little bit.

So, with that thought in mind, he had taken his drawing book out and had opened it to a blank page. To be honest he had loved working with muggle drawing stuff over quills. Quills were way too messy to draw properly in his opinion. He didn't have time for that mess when he had wanted to de-stress. After thinking for a few seconds he had started on drawing a wolf. Footsteps soon had tickled his ears drums, but he had ignored them for many reasons.
^
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 01:32 PM
MATTHEW CORNFOOT

Gillyweed. That was what was on Matthew's mind. He was growing some in one of the greenhouses in hopes of making gillywater to sell the younger kids. However, recently, he had become more and more curious about the depths of the lake. He heard so many rumors about the icy waters that he had the strongest of urges to use the gillyweed to breath underwater and investigate what lived under the surface. His eyes remained on the waves as he walked past someone sitting off the small trail.

"Hey," Matthew said in passing before it registered that the face was familiar to him. Blackwell, another Hufflepuff, he had seen around the common area and some in classes. It looked like he was doodling something, but Matt didn't want to appear rude to a house mate so he paused. "You're Atlas, right? I've seen you around in basements. I'm Matthew Cornfoot, proud Hufflepuff."

He nodded to the fellow student, "What ya drawing?" He was prepared to leave the kid alone if he wasn't in the mood for company, but no one could ever say Corny wasn't the friendly type. He would go out of his way for other people, especially if that other person was a member of his Hogwart's House.You never knew when a friendly word might lead to a longstanding friendship. That was his hopefully personality, he knew it might be foolish to ever hold such high expectations. He couldn't help but smile in spite of himself.

ATLAS BLACKWELL
^
ATLAS BLACKWELL
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 01:29 PM
ATLAS BLACKWELL

To be honest Atlas had been trying to ignore the world why drawing.
Sometimes it had helped the mind sort out things. So, to be honest he hadn't figured that any of the footsteps would stop near him. He had figured that they would just pass and go on their merry way somewhere else in the grounds.
So, the sudden voice had definitely surprised the young Hufflepuff and had made him jump a bit. To be honest some part of him had been annoyed that his peace and quiet had been interrupted. But, he wasn't going to reveal that because he had not been in the mood for drama. The other student had seemed interested in his drawing. Atlas had been surprised and glad for that.

It was better than judgment and judgment on material use. " Um Yes I'm Atlas, Nice to meet yuh fellow Hufflepuff" the tall framed teen had greeted back in a bit of surprised sounding tone with a glance to the other teen. To be honest, Atlas had been a little surprised that someone new had known his name out of the blue. Honestly, the bright-eyed teen had felt kind of invisible at times. " Just a wolf. He's not finished yet. So, it doesn't look like much yet.." Atlas had told the other teen with a soft smile. He had titled the drawing a bit so the other could see it. It was just a rough set up and outline so far. " It will look much better when it's done I hope." The bright eyed hufflepuff had gone on before he had stared to work on the drawing once more. To be honest there had been times where Atlas had wondered if people had found him odd for how long he had spent drawing. But , on the other hand he had thought that they had been werid for thinking good drawings did not take time. Espeically when you were such a prefecnist on getting them to look right.

MATTHEW CORNFOOT
^
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 10:03 AM
MATTHEW CORNFOOT

"Matthew Cornfoot," Matt offered when he realized that the artist didn't know his name. He hoped it wasn't weird that he knew who this kid was, it wasn't his habit to come off as weird to others. Matt just took interest in all things Hufflepuff and that included those in the house with him. He looked over the drawing.

"I think it's splendid actually." His American accent fluctuated on the word splendid. It seemed more of a British word than one he's speak back home, but he had been trying to integrate himself a little more each term. His accent was mentioned often when he thought he sounded normal. Everyone else were the ones with an accent.

"I wished I had the talent for such things. I can grow almost anything, and am pretty good with animals; but, there's no way I could ever draw anything recognizable." A few other students moved past them on the trail and Matthew fell quiet. He had the impression that he was bothering Atlas and didn't want to attract even more attention. He was going to exchange a few more words and then leave his fellow Hufflepuff alone to his drawing.

ATLAS BLACKWELL
^
ATLAS BLACKWELL
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 04:34 PM
ATLAS BLACKWELL

Despite his positive view of his drawing he knew had gotten distracted by it at times. There had been times in his first year where it had put him behind on his school work. Sometimes he hadn't been able to help how wrapped up he had gotten in it. Luckily, this year he had vowed to try and fix his time management skills better. That way he wouldn't end up failing anything. " Thanks. I 'm glad you think so. I 'm a little hard on myself at times with my art." Atlas had admitted as he had stared at a part of his drawing, before doing some shading.

" You never know until you try. It might take a while of practice though. But hey, i didnt start off so great either. So..."
The hazel eyed man had tried to encourge with a small shrug. Atlas had caught wind of couple giggling passerbyers, but he had tried to ignore them. A passing paraniod thought had sent a worry through his mind , but he had pushed it away. " So, you can grow plants and stuff like that? Like the stuff in herbology class?" Atlas had went on out curioisty and to push himsself to solicazie a little more.

MATTHEW CORNFOOT
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE