BOTE EXPANSION -> All the books, and ice cream.
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

december

04/29

We have a new skin. We hope you enjoy it. we're nearing 2 months old and will have an activity check up in a few weeks too.

04/20

It's now November and it's time for the first Quidditch game of the season!
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

All the books, and ice cream.
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 03:53 PM
HUFFLEPUFF ☆ 13 ☆ Pure Blood

third year
141 Sickles
plotter

matthew cornfoot
As long as the weather was holding up, Corny wanted ice cream. He had acquired all his books, and school supplies with coin to spare for a treat before he headed back to the Leaky Cauldron where he was staying before the term started. He enjoyed shopping alone, it was as if he was trusted to flex his independence. This allowed the Hufflepuff to show he was responsible enough to be left on his own more often. His parents were both busy, so he was able to go on his own the day before taking the Express to school. Much like his previous year, Matthew was renting a room to store all of his things. It wasn't much, but it was a nice place to sleep for that one night of freedom.

Going into his third year, Corny was finally getting the chance to take the Care for Magical Animals course. He'd been looking forward to that since his first year. He found the various creatures to be interesting with each having an unusual trait that could kill. He didn't consider much matters when he signed up for the class. His father, ever the stickler for classes he thought were more important, let his son sign up for that class under the exception that he'd also pass Defense Against the Dark Arts. So far, Matthew barely squeaked by.

Matt set down his bag of supplies that included new parchment, quills, ink, and ribbon for tying letters. The bench was cool to the touch even though the day was nice and warm. He sat back and took a long lip of his ice cream, the sprinkles almost tickled his nose. That's when the urge hit him. He tried to cover both nostrils with his index fingers, but it didn't stop what was coming. He seemed to catch his breath several times in quick gasps before the roaring sneeze made his neck crash forward. It was a rather loud sneeze that saw him jerk violently. He frowned down at his hand when he noticed the newly empty cone.

The round scoop of strawberry ice cream was splattered on his trainers with the mass of frozen goodness now resting on the concrete. The rainbow colored sprinkles dotted his pant leg, shoes, and the ground below the bench. It had started out to be a nice day, but now all he could do was miss his dessert. Life just didn't seem very fair.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
CEDRIC DIGGORY
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 03:09 PM
HUFFLEPUFF ☆ 14 ☆ Pure Blood

third year
60 Sickles
plotter

It was a fine day for supplies shopping and Cedric was looking forward to the new school year. His father had gone off to talk with some of his own friends and Cedric was left to his own devices with a bit of pocket money. The plan was to see if he couldn't find some friends among the other students doing their supply shopping.

The fourth year was just wandering down the street and thinking about Quidditch when he spotted a familiar face. His best friend was looking rather sad, really. He could soon see why as he approached. Matthew seemed to have dropped his ice cream. Well, that would make anyone sad. Especially a thirteen year old so Cedric could definitely sympathize.

"Matthew, are you all right? Want to go with me to get a new cone?" Cedric asked kindly as he stood by his friend.

MATTHEW CORNFOOT

--------------------
user posted image
set by the vivacious vane!
PM
^
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 09:35 AM
HUFFLEPUFF ☆ 13 ☆ Pure Blood

third year
141 Sickles
plotter

Matthew glanced up and smiled broadly. He hadn't expected to run into a friend today. Cedric was a year older, but being in the same house made them instant friends when Matthew was sorted into Hufflepuff. He beamed knowing that at least the rest of the day wasn't going to turn boring.

"Cedric!" He replied in an excited voice, his ice cream virtually forgotten. "I had hoped to speak with you before the term, did you get my owl?" Matthew had sent an owl to his pal a month ago, but had no reply. Of course, he knew that the Diggory family might be vacationing over the summer. He glanced to the fallen ice cream and laughed.

"I was enjoying that before I was betrayed by a sneeze. It could've been worse though. My aunt once threw out her back when she sneezed at a Christmas party. I think mine seems to be in place." He almost used his wand to clean up the mess before he stopped himself. He wasn't allowed to use magic outside of the school, and didn't need to get himself into trouble before the first class.

"Maybe a new cone would be a good idea. Do you want some, too?" Matthew thought he had enough to treat them both.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE