THE BEGINNING -> Plants
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

june

08/02

The Activity Check is now complete and congrats to the OTM winners! Enjoy your awards. <3

07/24

Welcome Sarah to the staff team. (:

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

Plants
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 11:15 AM
MATTHEW CORNFOOT

There was dirt under his nails. Digging around to plant the Gillyweed hadn't taken Matthew too much time. In fact, he was left with nothing to do as he gazed down upon the plants. He thought that harvesting this herb would help him produce Gillywater to sell to the younger students at the school. It wasn't often that he'd come up with a business idea that could see his pockets jingle with extra coin. He didn't know if this idea would even work, but it would be fun to try. If Gillywater didn't sell, then he could always offer the plant to those braver students who had an interest in discovering what laid under the waters of the lake. Personally, Matt had never seen a merperson and thought it would make an excellent adventure.

That was still months away, so he'd have to wait before he could test out the potency of Gillyweed. He had debated the idea that the herb would last longer in fresh water as opposed to salter bodies. He was aware that salt was classically used as a preservative, but combined with water it could erode the very rocks that lay beneath the ocean. It was one of the theories he wanted to test out before the end of the term.

Matthew had been lost in such deep thought that he hadn't heard another person enter the greenhouse. A soft rain had lulled him into a comfortable daze with water splashing on the glass ceilings and sending shadows does the clear panes. He could almost take a nap on the spot, but a noise made him start. Matthew glanced up quickly and smiled to the newcomer.

"I hadn't heard you come in. Hiding from the rain, or do you have work to do?"
^
HEAVEN SINGH
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 09:57 PM
HEAVEN SINGH

Heaven was sitting in the bay window of the room she shared with three other Slytherin first years with her guitar in her lap. She held the neck in her left hand and with her right arm draped over the rather large body of the guitar, she used a silver pick to pluck at the strings while singing a song she learned before boarding the train to Hogwarts. She finished her song and felt some tears sliding down her cheek noticing that it was pouring outside reflecting the mood she was feeling. Not many people knew that her adoptive father, Dante Ivanova, was a Death Eater and currently serving time in Azkaban. The world only saw him for what he was... a Death Eater being punished for a crime he committed, but the true story was that he was protecting a friend and was wrongfully imprisoned because the persecutors never bothered to look into all the facts as they should have.

Sighing and with a simple sniffle, she changed her clothes into a pair of jeans, long-sleeve dark grey shirt that she could poke her thumbs through before tugging on a dark green t-shirt with the Slytherin house emblem emblazoned on it in silver. She tucked the cuff of her jeans into a pair of socks that were the same color as her shirts she was wearing before pulling on her rain boots that were silver and reached up to her knees in the event she ended up splashing through any muddy puddles. To complete her outfit for going outside she grabbed her emerald green rain cloak snapping it closed and pulled the hood up. She left her room and the Slytherin House before exiting the school through the front on her way to the Greenhouses. Upon entering, she heard a much older male ask her something. She heard what he asked and she was having a tad bit of trouble closing the door as she tumbled backwards onto the floor. "Ow.. That smarts..." she complained standing up rubbing her right hip knowing she could visit the Hospital Wing later. "..I suppose I could work on something for class... I really just wanted to get out of my room underground. My thoughts were too consumed by my father in Azkaban."

MATTHEW CORNFOOT
^
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 09:48 AM
MATTHEW CORNFOOT

Matthew hoped up and moved over to the girl. Looking down to her he tried to smile lightly. "Are you okay? The wind has picked up a bit I see. We're in for a bad storm." He wasn't sure how to respond to the girl's mention of Azkaban. He hadn't been expecting that at all. "Nothing hurt?"

She was younger and he couldn't recognize her from any of the classes. That was no real surprise since the school was rather large. Everyone was a buzz with news that the famous Harry Potter has come to Hogwart's. It's been virtually ever piece of gossip he's heard in the previous week. He heard nothing about anyone in the school having any connection to Azkaban. Matt knew it was not polite to simply leave her comment unanswered, so he tried to think of anything to say that might not make him seem like a complete fool.

"I hate to hear about your pa," Corny offered. "I know it's none of my business, but if you wanna talk about it I am a great listener." He stepped forward and offered his hand to assist her in getting up. It was obvious she was in Slytherin by her color choice alone, but he never judged a person by which house they were sorted. Matthew was really open minded when it came to others, and right now all he saw was a girl on the floor. He would remain a gentleman.

HEAVEN SINGH

^
HEAVEN SINGH
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 02:49 PM
HEAVEN SINGH

When she saw the only other boy in the Greenhouse attempting a light smile at her, she could feel her mood beginning to lift and the corners of her lips turn upwards to return his smile. She heard him ask her a question referring to the fact that she had lost her balance when trying to close the door; being eleven years old she was not quite strong enough to close the greenhouse's door in a storm such as this. "Are you okay? The wind has picked up a bit I see. We're in for a bad storm. Nothing hurt?" Nodding her head to what he was saying, she simply tilted her head to the side to figure out what she wanted to say closing her right eye and stuck out her tongue at the thunderstorm outside.

"Please. As if a fall like that could really shake my confidence? Anyways... I don't believe we've met before, but my name is Heaven Singh. What's your name?" She smiled brightly as she sat on one of the stools pulling out her wand and set it on the table in front of her attempting to figure out what to do as far as Herbology went. It wasn't until she heard him mention that he was a great listener and if she wanted to he would be there if she wanted to talk about her father. "No. Just no. Please don't ask me to talk about him yet. It's still too sensitive of a topic for me to talk to anyone about, and I would prefer to work on something with you for Herbology... perhaps then I'll open up, but not at the present moment okay?" She bit down on her lip with tears blurring her vision.
^
MATTHEW CORNFOOT
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 06:15 PM
MATTHEW CORNFOOT

"Hey, I'm sorry there." He whispered to her. It hadn't been his intent to make the girl cry, or even remotely upset. Matthew was normally a happy person with a caring heart. It bothered him to know he could hurt someone's feelings. "Why won't discuss it. Instead, hey I know. Want to join me in an adventure? Well, not a real adventure like chasing dragons or things like that. I am just growing some Gillyweed. I had the idea of making some gillywater and selling it around the school. I could use a partner. Interested in becoming a quick entrepreneur?"

He moved back to the newly planted rows her had finished earlier and presented them with a grin. He even fanned his arms and hands over them as if he was showing off a prize in a game show. It was obvious he was proud of his work, like he mostly would be when it came to his favorite topic. He picked up one of the individual plants and took it to her. It was little more than a seedling at this point. Matt carried it like it was a child.

"If the gillywater doesn't work, we could always explore the Lake and see what really lies under water there." He set the plant down on the table closest to her. "This one is yours, a gift. If you want to help out I'll give you half of all these. Free, of course. Just, you know, for the help and because everyone needs a proper distraction!" It never really occurred to him to have a partner in his venture, but the more he thought of it he knew it was a good idea. She could reach those that might be unwilling to deal with a Hufflepuff. Sadly, that could be a lot of students.

HEAVEN SINGH

^
HEAVEN SINGH
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 08:47 PM
HEAVEN SINGH

Unknowingly to Heaven, tears had welled into her eyes when Matthew had asked her what happened to cause her daddy to land himself in Azkaban. She really didn't want to talk about it yet, and honestly wasn't sure if she would ever be able to speak about the story behind her father and how he landed in Azkaban. Her right hand was balled into a fist as rubbed at her eye furiously wiping at the tears and pouting in an attempt to force them to leave her face and eyes for now. She sniffled and smiled as he apologized for making her cry, "Hey I'm sorry there," and she nodded accepting his apology.

"It's okay, and an adventure? What kind of adventure are we talking about here? I'm totally down to helping you with pretty much anything, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I join up on this quest of yours!" She gave him the most serious look in the universe for a first year. Seeing the plant he wanted her to have, her look turned from serious to playful in an instant, and she held it close cuddling it almost starting to think of names.

MATTHEW CORNFOOT
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE