THE BEGINNING -> Transfiguration Lesson I
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

june

08/02

The Activity Check is now complete and congrats to the OTM winners! Enjoy your awards. <3

07/24

Welcome Sarah to the staff team. (:

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

Transfiguration Lesson I, Open to all Transfiguration students
MINERVA MCGONAGALL
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 12:47 AM
MINERVA MCGONAGALL

NOTE: This is for students of ALL YEARS, since we don't have a ton of students at the moment. You may join in even if you are not tagged because that just means you signed up after I posted the lesson. <3

Persephone Pierce, ELIZA CUNNINGHAM, HARRY POTTER, AURELIE CHARBONNEAU HERMIONE GRANGER, ALEXANDER KNIGHT, TERRY BOOT, GIOVANNA NERO, DAPHNE GREENGRASS, CONSTANCE GREVILLE, CLAUDIA GREVILLE, ATLAS BLACKWELL, and anybody else of any year who takes this class. <3

Professor McGonagall waited patiently, seated on her desk in her tabby cat form. It was a form she found quite comfortable so she shifted into it whenever it was convienient for her.

As the students entered, she waited until they were seated before transforming back into her human form. She greeted them with a sharp 'good morning' and then got straight to the point.

"Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned."

Minerva turned to the blackboard and moved it into a better view of for the students. "Every branch of magic starts somewhere. First, I want you all to copy down everything written on this board into your notes. It is the details on the various branches and laws of Transfiguration. I will be checking that it is done before I allow you to take part in the casting part of today's lesson. You will study these notes frequently as they will help you with this subject in the future."

She gave one more glance around the room and headed back to her desk. "Begin. I will come around shortly." Professor McGonagall transfigured herself back into a tabby cat and sat on the desk watching her students.
^
WALLIS BABINEAUX
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 09:50 PM
WALLIS BABINEAUX

Wallis thought she would consider her Transfiguration class her worst by far. It was just so difficult to change one thing into another, right? There had to be some special trick to it, like rearranging the structure of something. On the other hand, she didn't really know what Transfiguration was, other than that it was transforming things into other things, or turning yourself into something.

She gasped as Professor McGonagall transformed out. It was quite a shock, and she blushed. She had been considering petting the cat. From what Wallis gathered, from sitting in the front row, Transfiguration would be just as hard as she imagined.

She scribbled into her notes, making sure that she copied them perfectly. If she wanted to be good at this dangerous magic, then she would need to study hard. She turned to her desk neighbor and whispered "Does this look right?" Wallis wanted to be absolutely sure.

((Desk neighbor can be anyone, or NPC))
^
HEAVEN SINGH
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 12:33 AM
HEAVEN SINGH

Heaven smiled as Mittens was around her neck and scratched her ear lightly. She nudged her off and set her on the floor watching her curl up outside of the Transfiguration classroom tossing her a small treat. She set her bag down at the desk she was going to be sharing for the year with a first year Ravenclaw. She opted to switch things up in this class mostly because she wanted to be able to make friends in other houses and so they could see that not everyone who was sorted into Slytherin was a bad witch or wizard.

She pulled out her leather bound notebook, ink well and quill before walking over to the tabby cat sitting on the desk sitting very stiff. "Good Morrow, Professor McGonagall," she greeted the cat before setting the apple flavored treat down on the desk beside her and went to go sit back down beside the Ravenclaw girl to listen to what she would say. She simply heard and then furiously copied down all the notes written on the board. She made it look pretty so it would be easy to understand for when she was studying later. Hearing what the girl beside her asked, she turned towards her with a smile and reached a hand towards her, "Hi! My name is Heaven. Heaven Singh, I was adopted into the Ivanova family. What's your name? And yes it looks right, I wouldn't doubt yourself."
^
WALLIS BABINEAUX
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 11:17 PM
WALLIS BABINEAUX

Wallis was a bit nervous about sitting next to a Slytherin. The house didn't exactly have a good reputation for being kind to everyone, but Wallis was ready to take the chance that maybe they were nice,
or at least they were nice on a basis like every other house. There were rude Ravenclaws too, after all. Wallis looked at the girl's hand for a little while. She didn't usually like hand shakes, but she shook quickly, just to be polite. "Hi, Heaven. I'm Wallis. Babineaux. Thanks, I'm so worried I'll get this wrong and end up transfiguring my hand into a box." she hadn't ever heard of the Ivagnov family, so she wasn't sure what to say about that. Wallis wasn't too sure that she'd heard Heaven right either. "Sorry, I'm a little hard of hearing. Did you say you were adopted into the Ivagnov family? I don't really know who they are. That must be cool, though."

Wallis did a little bit of detective work every time she spoke with any person. The lip reading was getting easier, but the tone of the voice was still a little bit difficult for her. She couldn't tell if Heaven thought being adopted was a good or a bad thing. Wallis assumed that there was pride, so she smiled. She fixed a small thing in her notes to make them more legible to her later on.
^
HEAVEN SINGH
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 08:26 PM
HEAVEN SINGH

Heaven heard the Ravenclaw girl say she thought it was cool that she was adopted and she let out a small sigh of relief. "Well I suppose, although having a fraternal twin who likes to do the same things is not nearly as cool or fun as being adopted by my family. Though, they have taught me many things before entering into Hogwarts this year, so I guess you could call me extra prepared." She gave her a smile and it only continued as shetwisted her body slightly to greet the Ravenclaw boy in their year, Michael Corner. Even at eleven, Heaven thought he was cute and it was obvious by the way her cheeks of her skin tone began to turn a rosy pink color. She sincerely hoped that none of the other Slytherins came into the class until later, otherwise she'd never hear the end of it. She merely stuck the ends of her hair into her mouth chewing on it so she could avoid an awkward situation and merely waved at him with her left hand still holding her quill. The end of the quill ended up splattering ink across her left cheek by accident.

MICHAEL CORNER, WALLIS BABINEAUX
^
WALLIS BABINEAUX
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 07:04 PM
WALLIS BABINEAUX

Wallis thought that Heaven reacted positively to what she said. Good, that was nice. She wanted to be friends with the other girl. Maybe they could even study together. "A twin? That's pretty cool. You're lucky." After Heaven twisted around, she was curious as to what had happened, but she saw a fellow Ravenclaw, Michael Corner, to whom she waved. She looked back at Heaven, and saw that the other girl was now a bit pink. She giggled, almost silently, she'd learned how to do that so people didn't hear her as much. Heaven had accidentally splattered ink across her cheek, so Wallis asked, without checking her volume "Are you okay?" She covered her mouth afterwards, and said, very quietly "That was too loud, wasn't it? Sorry." She ruffled through her bag, hoping to find something that could help Heaven clean off a little bit.

HEAVEN SINGH MICHAEL CORNER
^
AURELIE CHARBONNEAU
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 08:18 PM
first year ☆ Half Blood ☆ 12
shana
1141 sickles

Aurelie was slightly startled when Professor McGonagall greeted the class with a sharp tone. She hadn't been expecting her abrupt tone of voice. It seemed like she would be a very strict Professor and McGonagall was her head of house as well, so Aurelie would have to be careful to not do anything that might get her into trouble. She wasn't the misbehaving type but she would try to be careful not to get on McGonagall's bad side either way. She would hate to cost her house points.

As soon as she heard the Professor say she would be coming around shortly to make sure everyone had copied what was written on the board. Aurelie pulled a piece of parchment towards her, the Professor watching with her tabby cat eyes making her extremely nervous. She inked up her quill and started copying down the notes. She had never written with an ink and quill before so she hoped she would be able to read her own handwriting and that McGonagall would approve of it. She wasn't quite a know it all like Hermione but for some reason she really wanted McGonagall to approve of her work because she was the head of her house.

--------------------
user posted image
icon by Enna and signature by usagi at graphics games
PM
^
LIORYS CAILEAN
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 03:56 PM
LIORYS CAILEAN

Transfiguration. This was the lesson she'd been waiting for. Normally, Lior's time management skills were abysmal. 90% of the time, she was late but not today. Today she was there, wiggling with glee, first into the room and sat at the far side of the front row. With sheer awe in her eyes, she watched McGonagall slip back and forth between her animagus form in a smooth, elegant sweep. This was the class she'd been dreaming of all summer.

She reached beneath her desk, hand slipping into her satchel to pull out her quill and parchment paper, all the while avoiding her snoozing moggy that lay sprawled inside it. Quickly, she began to scribble down her notes. Every now and again, she'd glance up at the tabby cat that was her teacher and smile, gleefully.

^
MINERVA MCGONAGALL
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 02:24 PM
MINERVA MCGONAGALL

Minerva watched from her cat form on the desk as her students began to copy down their notes. So far there was no protest. She considered that a good sign. Two girls, Miss Singh and Miss Babineaux, appeared to be conversing. While one was keeping the subject to Transfiguration, the Slytherin girl was not. Minerva watched them for a moment before transfiguring herself back into witch form. She walked over to their desk and glanced down at the work. The Slytherin had ink splattered across her cheek and Minerva simply frowned with a stern expression.

"Perhaps if you would focus on the class topic, this wouldn't happen, Miss Singh." Minerva paused. "Five points from Slytherin. I don't mind minor discussions IF it has to do with the topic of the lesson." Minerva then turned her gaze to Miss Babineaux and glanced at her work. "Your notes look good. Do try to stay on topic unless you want Ravenclaw to lose points as well."

With that, Minerva walked among the other desks and glanced at their work. She arrived at the desk of another Slytherin, Miss Cailean, and one of her Gryffindors, Miss Charbonneau. She glanced at both of their notes before speaking once more, "Nicely done, Miss Charbonneau, Miss Cailean. The rest of you," Minerva glanced up at the other students, "This is the easy part of Transfiguration. And I will not allow mindless casting in this class if you can't even take proper notes."

Without another word, Minerva transfigured back into a cat and sat on her desk waiting for them to finish.

Note: They will get to cast later, fyi. xD
^
WALLIS BABINEAUX
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 07:04 PM
WALLIS BABINEAUX

Wallis blushed. She hadn't meant to be disruptive, and anyways, she thought she was just as off topic as Heaven was. But she didn't say anything, she didn't want to be getting house points taken away from her house. They were already behind, or at least, that's what she thought. She would have liked to keep a full record of points taken and given from everyone, but she couldn't be everywhere at once. Wallis also couldn't count all the little sapphires in the hourglass, though she did enjoy looking at them as she passed by. Excitably, she finished her notes with a messy hand that she may not have been able to read later. She kept as quiet, almost holding her breath.
^
LIR ISHERWOOD
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 06:34 AM
LIR ISHERWOOD

Crap, crap, crap. The dreadlocked third year cursed in her head as she ran along the corridors at top speed, late as usual. She had been up early this morning, out in the autumn sun to practise with some of her team upon the quidditch pitch and had accidentally managed to make herself late, after a tumble from height and a nice bump on the head had sent her up to Madame Pomfrey for a spell.

Zipping around students, she slid down a bannister and almost collided with a 6th year, who angrily cursed at her as she ran off down the corridor, laughing. She had thrown her robes over her quidditch gear and skidded to a stop outside the classroom, peeking in at a room full of students already working. McGonagall had her back turned so quietly, Lir slipped into the room, taking a quiet seat at the very back table and pulling out her parchment with her head down before the professor turned on her heel.

Hopefully, the professor wouldn't notice her late arrival...

Ha, yeah right! Bye house points.

^
KATRINA COOK
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 09:31 PM
fifth year ☆ Pure Blood ☆ 15
Shana
50 sickles

Now that Katrina was a Fifth year she was used to Professor McGonagall's stern tone of voice by now. She wondered if other students when they first came to Hogwarts were a little bit taken aback by it. Katrina was sitting in her seat writing the notes her Professor had asked her to write.

Katrina was thankful when Professor McGonagall reprimanded two First years for getting off topic in class since their conversation was a little bit distracting for her to listen to. Kat didn't think it was too much for the Professor to ask that they focus on the task at hand. There would be plenty of time to socialize outside of class. Katrina didn't think she was as stern as her Professor but she really did have to concentrate this term due to having study for her O.W.Ls and she really hoped her other classes wouldn't have minor distractions and off topic conversation.

--------------------
user posted image

icon by Enna and signature by Kit
PM
^
HEAVEN SINGH
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 07:51 PM
HEAVEN SINGH

Heaven noticed a shadow covering her parchment and pressing her lips together gazing up in fear, her eyes wide as if she was a deer caught in the headlights of a muggle vehicle. [b]"Perhaps if you would focus on the class topic, this wouldn't happen, Miss Singh." Heaven heard her say before continuing on, "Five points from Slytherin. I don't mind minor discussions IF it has to do with the topic of the lesson." Hearing her tablemate, Wallis receive praise for her own work and not even a note of whether her Transfiguration notes were even competent at the very least had her feeling like she was about to break down in front of everyone which was something she did not care to do. She would much rather excuse herself, even as a first-year Slytherin, and go to a bathroom on one of the floors to be alone. She had heard of a special bathroom where Moaning Myrtle tended to lurk, so perhaps even if she was sobbing in there for awhile someone would find her and bring her back to class. She shoved her Transfiguration parchment full of notes in her robes and stood up walking to the desk and smiled sadly at Professor McGonagall in her cat form. "Professor McGonagall? May I be excused to the lavatory?"

WALLIS BABINEAUX
MINERVA MCGONAGALL
^
HERMIONE GRANGER.
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 11:50 PM
first year gryffindor ☆ Muggleborn ☆ 12
Vane
432 sickles

While she found all her subjects incredibly fascinating, transfiguration was particularly intriguing for Hermione. The ability to transform not only objects, but also people into animals was absolutely breathtaking. She wanted to know more, and as such, had already read the entire textbook assigned for first years, and taken the liberty of checking out a few books from the library that elaborated on some of the topics they would be covering this term.

Needless to say, she was much looking forward to her first lesson. One of the first students to walk into the classroom, she quickly found a seat right up the front, and busied herself with taking out the textbook she'd already read, her parchment and writing materials, and her wand. Once satisfied everything was in it's place, she crossed her arms on the table, and waited impatiently for the professor to arrive.

It wasn't long, after all the students had presented themselves and gotten settled (which, in Hermione's personal opinion look far longer than it should have), before she, and the rest of the classroom, realized the professor had been present the entire time - as a tabby cat, sitting silently on the teacher's desk at the front, observing everyone unawares. Hermione hadn't thought twice about the cat, as there were dozens of other animals spread about the room in various cages and settings. She was both amazed and slightly disturbed when the cat suddenly jumped from the table, and transformed effortlessly into Professor McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall's severity of speech made something click in Hermione, and she knew she must do well. She admired her professor and head of house, though knowing little about the woman apart from what she had read about her taking up the roll of transfiguration professor. The moment the professor stopped speaking, Hermione's quill was inked and she had began to do as bid, copying down exactly what was written on the board in as much detail as possible.

Hermione heard some students chattering behind her, and while she found it incredibly annoying and distracting, she did her best to ignore them. It wasn't long before the Professor had addressed the situation, and Hermione's respect for her grew even further.

Finished, and awaiting either appraisal or for the professor to continue the lesson, Hermione set her parchment just so in front of her, so the professor could see it clearly should she happen by her, and crossed her arms once more upon the desk, waiting, once more, ever so patiently.

Once the professor transfigured back to a cat, Hermione's patience, if she had any waned, and she found her hand had shot up to the air. Waiting a courteous moment for the cat's eyes to grace her, she promptly pulled it down and spoke. "Professor, I have finished my notes."
MINERVA MCGONAGALL
PM
^
ROXANNE WILLIAMS
 Posted: May 1 2018, 01:14 PM
ROXANNE WILLIAMS

This was going to be interesting.

Roxanne made sure to be early to this class. This was the head of her house after all. If she fucked this class up, the girl was sure things would go bad back at the dormitory as well. With a soft huff, she opened the door and walked in. The Hermione girl from her year was already there. That wasn't too surprising. Roxanne always saw her with her nose in the books. Maybe this could be beneficial...

The girl moved to sit down in the seat next to her. "Good morning," she hummed as she brought out her books and quill. Roxanne's attention was then diverted as another student approached and patted her on the back. "This class is probably going to be easy for you, huh?" he asked. He was an older Gryffindor who figured because of her gift, she could easily do transfiguration. Roxanne smiled weakly and rubbed the back of her head. "Ah, hope so- don't think it's gonna be that useful though," she explained as her hair turned a light pink in embarrassment.

Her eyes shifted to the front as the cat that had been watching them suddenly transformed into their professor. Roxanne's eyes went wide as she almost stood up in excitement. Could she do that one day? Cat ears sprouted from her head briefing in eagerness to try, but they quickly went down as the lesson began. They had to copy all the notes? Her hair shifted, turning a glower gray that mixed with her blond like storm clouds. She couldn't really understand any of them. Still, the girl nodded firmly.

Roxanne took down the notes, doing her best to comprehend what they were. Her hair shifted back to her blond, with small streaks of red quietly bumping about as she focused- trying to get everything down. Her notes would never be the best, but they showed that the girl was clearly trying her hardest as she continued to look back and forth from the board to her notes. She wasn't even half way done with her notes when the girl sitting next to her shot her hand up.

The girl's jaw dropped in awe. How had she finished so fast!?
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE