THE BEGINNING -> wuthering snakes / open
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

june

08/02

The Activity Check is now complete and congrats to the OTM winners! Enjoy your awards. <3

07/24

Welcome Sarah to the staff team. (:

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Add Reply
New Poll

wuthering snakes / open
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 03:44 PM
first year ☆ Pure Blood ☆ 12
Eliza
70 sickles

It was the end of a very long day and Daphne was in the Slytherin Common Room, minding her own business. She didn't have any homework to do and she wasn't about to start socializing with the clique that seemed to have formed in her year. They were off in the middle of the room being quite loud, while Daphne was near the edge in a not very comfortable arm chair, reading.

It wasn't for school. It was actually a book that she enjoyed herself, even though it was a muggle book. It was written by Emily Bronte and even though she was a muggle, Daphne enjoyed her writing. She enjoyed a lot of the classics, actually, and it was her second time reading this one. She may have been young, but Daphne was quite ahead in terms of reading and loved her literature. Most people in her year didn't understand such things - they just wanted to gossip and bully the Gryffindors.

--------------------
user posted image
set by teal
PMEmail
^
URIAH MADDOX
 Posted: May 8 2018, 10:17 PM
first year ☆ Half Blood ☆ 11
Kiara
38 sickles

Uriah smiled when he saw his fellow snake reading classic literature. It was nice to see someone who had other hobbies. He didn't mind reading though he didn't get much time to read now a days but his father loved to read books like that and so he wondered what the girl thought of it. " You like classic lit?" He smiled at her and took a seat near her but not too close. He didn't want to creep her out.
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
PM
^
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
 Posted: May 9 2018, 12:31 PM
Eliza
70 sickles

Daphne was ready to roll her eyes at someone criticizing her reading when someone spoke to her but she found that was not the case. He also say not too close, which she also appreciated.

Daphne set the book down on her lap for a moment while she addressed him. "Yes, I do." She wasn't smiling but she wasn't being stern or rude either. She was enjoying this boy so far. "I'm surprised you know of it. Most don't." There it was. She flashed him a small smile. It was the best she could do. She wasn't very used to it. Other than when she had to, of course. But this was completely voluntary.

URIAH MADDOX

--------------------
user posted image
set by teal
PMEmail
^
URIAH MADDOX
 Posted: May 10 2018, 07:32 PM
Kiara
38 sickles

The girl seemed a bit serious but it didn't faze him. She was a snake after all and most of them tended to be serious at least the ones he had met. "My dad collects a bit of classic literature... I have read like one or too, it's not my cup of tea at least the first one I read. I like the ones about monsters though." One of his favorites had been Dracula. It was cool and about vampires, what is not to like? "My dad told me about it as soon as I moved in I am not to touch his first editions but I can read any other ones...though between you and me my uncle let me touch his dracula first edition!" He beamed up at the girl proudly. It was indeed an awesome book and when his uncle had let him touch it he felt like he was important. When she smiled at him he couldn't help but grin back. He got the stern girl to smile, mission accomplished.
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
PM
^
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 01:58 PM
Eliza
70 sickles

It was a nice change to see a fellow Slytherin get excited about books. He honestly was geeking out a little and this brought a light to Daphne's eyes. "You like Dracula, then? I haven't actually read that one yet." Daphne supposed that it wasn't as exciting to her because she was magical. It was written for muggles and of course they would find all of that supernatural stuff quite exciting and enticing but it was all just normal to Daphne. Of course, where vampires were concerned, she hadn't even met one yet, but at least she always knew that they, other creatures and magic existed all her life.

"Which one is your favourite?" Daphne was really actually trying to make the conversation longer. This was a good sign. Maybe she would have a friend in Slytherin yet.

URIAH MADDOX

--------------------
user posted image
set by teal
PMEmail
^
URIAH MADDOX
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 10:29 AM
Kiara
38 sickles

"You should read it! It's pretty awesome, Dracula is pretty crazy and a little scary but it's cool. It makes me wonder about real vampires and if they are accurate to real vampires or if maybe the writer was attacked by a vampire and made up some stuff." He looked down as he realized he had been talking a lot and she probably found him wierd.

When she asked which was his favorite he thought. " I'm not sure it's kinda a tough call I'm I like Dracula but Phantom of the opera is fairly interesting but I'm not sure it could beat out frankenstein..." He rubbed his chin in thought.
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
PM
^
DAPHNE GREENGRASS
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 11:26 AM
Eliza
70 sickles

Daphne didn't know too much about vampires to really comment on that. "I'm sure we'll learn about them eventually. Or there's always the Library." Daphne often spent her times there, but sometimes there were people being too talkative and then she hid in the Slytherin common room with her books instead, or somewhere else on the grounds or in the castle.

"Ah, I haven't read that one either," Daphne said in relation to the new book mentioned, the Phantom of the Opera. Uriah surely seemed into the muggle take on the supernatural. Though for Daphne, it was just natural and normal. Nothing 'super' about it. She grew up with magic and knowing about magical and mythical creatures all her life. "I don't think I could pick out just one either." There were a few for sure, but just one was part to put her finger on.

URIAH MADDOX

((Neat fact, in college we had to design a cover and back and also the whole formatting and everything of one chapter of a book - and I chose Phantom of the Opera. Though the only version on that site of free to publish books (because they're so old) was the French version. xD))

--------------------
user posted image
set by teal
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE