THE BEGINNING -> Bravery Shows In More Ways than One
welcome, Guest
welcome to beginning of the end
the boy who lived has come to hogwarts. news of his arrival is all the buzz - not just at hogwarts, but in the rest of the wizarding world as well. however, there are others who just want to live their lives, ignorant to the dangers that have come through the doors of hogwarts this term as well.

june

08/02

The Activity Check is now complete and congrats to the OTM winners! Enjoy your awards. <3

07/24

Welcome Sarah to the staff team. (:

07/12

Spring is here and so is a quick little Activity Check. Just one post required. Make sure to post there by the end of the month. (:

06/19

We have a new skin - which is dark! =o Enjoy. <3
homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bravery Shows In More Ways than One, october 1991, tag Penelope Clearwater
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:45 PM
PERCY WEASLEY

Having to study for his OWLs was tough. Percy had even made a schedule of how he wanted to spend his time, and it was divided between Prefect duties and studying for the most part, with a little bit set aside for socializing and all. He knew a lot of people came to the library to study in his year, with OWLs coming at the end, but most importantly, he knew that who he wanted to talk to was there. Penelope Clearwater, a fellow prefect from his year, and a recent crush since last year. Today, he convinced himself,
today he would finally ask her out. That was, if he could find her.

After looking around the sections for books he needed without finding her, and having collected multiple books, Percy spotted her. "Hi Pen...Penelope. Nice to see you studying." he grinned at her, then looked down at his feet, "So, I, um, wanted to talk to you about something." He was nervous, but he hoped that she would talk to him.

PENELOPE CLEARWATER
((OOC: Hope this is okay ))
^
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 02:26 PM

Owls were beyond important to Penelope and she was eager to do well on them. Doing so meant upping her study time and ensuring she was ready for anything they could throw at her. If she got anything below an E on them, she'd be sorely disappointed with herself.

Penelope had gathered a stack of no less than three books just on one subject and was preparing to start reading and taking study notes. But a friendly voice broke her from her racing thoughts. She glanced up to see Percy Weasley, a fellow prefect, standing there. Penelope had admired him for years. He was exceptionally studious, smart, and quite friendly towards others. Having as much respect for the rules as herself certainly helped.

"Hi Percy!" Penelope greeted with a warm smile. She placed her quill down to indicate that he'd have her full attention before continuing, "Sure, what is it you want to talk about?" Was it prefect-related? Or related to their studies?
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 09:13 PM
PERCY WEASLEY

They'd been friends before, yes, and Percy had only realized he'd had a crush previously, but he'd been pondering it for most of summer. He was so sure that his little brothers or sister might have caught on to something, as they stole his journal frequently. He only wrote about OWLs, this time, so no teasing for him. Percy looked back at Penelope. Her smile made him feel warm inside, gave him a little extra push. "Well, I'd like...I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me." He finished the sentence with confidence, though it was a bit hard to tell with the stack of books currently in his arms. Mostly star charts, stupid star charts.

He was prepared for the worst and hoping for the best. Something Muggles said, that his dad had picked up on a frequently used. And now he sounded like his dad. He almost wanted to laugh about it. Almost, if there wasn't something more important to focus on. Penelope's reaction.

PENELOPE CLEARWATER
^
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 05:04 PM

Penelope studied Percy quite curiously as he started out his next sentence. As he finished it, she found herself quite surprised. Percy liked her? As in, liked her enough to ask her out? Penelope hadn't given dating much of a thought. But the idea of having a first-date be with somebody studious and intellectually-focused sounded quite nice.

Her smile didn't leave her face as she broke her surprised silence to respond to him. "I... I'd like that," She nodded her head a few times as the thrill of the idea seemed to finally settle into her mind comfortably. A moment later, she added, "I'd like that very much. What did you have in mind?"

PERCY WEASLEY
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 01:32 AM
PERCY WEASLEY

He momentarily winced before realizing that what she'd said was positive. As in, good positive. He smiled wide, then nearly dropped his books before placing them on the floor, where they would be less likely to fall. Mostly. He thought of things that they could do. He hadn't expected to get this far, rather, he'd expected being laughed at. He thought of things coming up that weekend, when they both, probably, had more free time.

"Well, we could go to Hogsmeade. There is a weekend coming up soon, right? We could go, um, shopping..." Percy forgot about his lack of galleons for a while as he thought of things they could do, "Maybe go out for a Butterbeer? Or if you'd prefer we could just...study, in the castle maybe. Find an empty classroom? Just hang out?" In truth, he didn't want his brothers to find out about them. They'd tease him for ages, though they were the younger ones

PENELOPE CLEARWATER
^
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:14 AM

Penelope had a smile on her face that just wouldn't quit as Percy began listing ideas. She tried not to look like a grinning hyena, though it was hard not to. Not only had she been asked out, but he was giving her a say in what they did on their first date. In her opinion, it was a nice way to start things off and a good way to ensure they were doing something they both enjoyed.

His ideas sounded good and Penelope had a thought. Instead of choosing only one, why not combine them? Penelope responded casually as she brushed a strand of hair out of her face, "What if we... do both? We can head to Hogsmeade to grab some butterbeer, take them to go, and then go find an empty classroom to study in?" Penelope smiled at the thought.

PERCY WEASLEY
OOC: Hope I'm doing alright! It's been a while since I've done dating plots where my character was willing! =O
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 04:12 PM
PERCY WEASLEY

Percy was glad he'd picked today to finally act on his feelings. He loved her smile, he wondered if that was one of the reasons he tried to make her smile a lot. And of course, she was clever. He hadn't really expected to here a brilliant idea today, but Penelope was smart like that. She could find ways that even he didn't think of, and together, their thought process was amazing.

"That's a great idea. You're so smart." he blushed and quickly said, "And maybe it would be nice to keep it somewhat...secret? I know I wouldn't want to have my brothers teasing you." or me, he added in his head. Percy thought it would be a little odd keeping it secret, but it was best, he hoped. He could see if Penelope was a little bit hurt by this, but he hoped she would see it too.

PENELOPE CLEARWATER

((OOC: It's really good, I think! I haven't done many either.))
^
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 02:21 PM

Penelope blushed and smiled when given the compliment. She had always tried her best to be intellectual, but it was always lovely to hear it from somebody else. It gave her a thrilling sense of accomplishment that only made her want to strive harder to learn as much as she could. And being asked out by somebody like Percy had only added to that. In her eyes, Percy had gone above the Gryffindor standard by showing the studious and intellectual abilities of a Ravenclaw. Sometimes, she wondered why he hadn't been sorted in Ravenclaw.

"Thank you," Penelope said in response to the compliment. "You're quite the intellect yourself, you know," she added with a smile. The mention of his brothers made Penelope laugh softly. While she had no siblings herself, she could only imagine how it must have been for Percy at home. Especially since Fred and George were two of the biggest pranksters she'd ever seen. She wasn't worried about being teased herself, but she was worried Percy would be. "I wouldn't mind keeping this secret," Penelope replied. "I don't have any siblings but I can only imagine the field day Fred and George might have." Penelope grinned at the thought. As an afterthought, she added curiously, "Ooooh and you have Ron here, as well! Is he a prankster like the twins?"

PERCY WEASLEY - Oh good! biggrin.gif You're doing quite well too! I think it helps that these two are intellectuals so it gives more to the plot.
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 07:14 PM
PERCY WEASLEY

Percy was so glad she saw it his way. When he read romance novels(not that he did that often), a lot of things seemed to go wrong with secret relationships, like someone got angry about having to keep secrets. Honestly, he thought that maybe they were just like that for drama purposes. He could not see anything wrong with having a secret relationship until Fred and George matured a little more. Or until someone found out. Percy would try his best to keep a secret, but he could be a touch emotional at times. He made sure he would keep this secret though, for Penelope's sake. He'd be mad at himself forever if George and Fred started teasing her. It was an honor thing, he told himself

He grinned at the compliment, feeling unable to say anything else to compliment her. What could he say that wouldn't seem cheesy? Or overdoing it. Percy didn't want to seem too excited, though he wasn't sure what level of excitement that was. "Oh, they'd be going nuts over that for weeks." he laughed. He thought about her next question. Ron wasn't as much of a pranks kid, at least, not to the level Fred and George were. "I think Ron could be good if he put more effort into stuff. He needs to be a little more focused, is what I think."

^
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 12:11 AM

Penelope caught herself staring at Percy's grin, but pulled her gaze away as not to seem weird. But her smile and facial expression softened when he mentioned Ron needing to put more effort into things. So he felt his brother was unfocused. Penelope tapped her fingers thoughtfully for a moment.

"Maybe he'll change after he's been at Hogwarts for a while?" Penelope suggested hopefully. "Maybe he and Harry Potter will be a good influence on one-another? I noticed they seem to be quite close already." Penelope smiled at the thought. "At least he doesn't seem to be asking Fred and George for spare dungbombs," she teased.

PERCY WEASLEY
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:17 AM
PERCY WEASLEY

Percy wasn't too sure what he thought about his youngest brother hanging around Harry. On one hand, Harry seemed nice enough, but he was still a kid. Percy didn't want to put too much on this first year's shoulders, Percy should be able to watch over his younger brothers. Though Penelope did have a point in that Ron wasn't really one to listen to him.

He sighed deeply. "I mean, I am pretty glad he's not as wild with pranks as Fred or George are. But I don't see how he's not all that focused. All this stuff is so interesting, right? I don't think he really cares." Percy shrugged, "I guess that Harry could help him out, since he does seem pretty interested in most of this stuff. Probably because he was raised by Muggles, but that's how a lot of Muggleborn kids are too, right?"

PENELOPE CLEARWATER
^
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 02:34 PM

Penelope often wondered what it would be like to have as many siblings as Percy did. And from what she knew, he had two older ones who were no longer at the school. She had heard of Charlie because he was well known as a former Quidditch Captain and prefect. And then there was Bill Weasley who had also been head boy. And it looked as though Percy was following in his footsteps, which made Penelope even happier to have been asked out by him.

"I think the school subjects are very interesting," Penelope agreed with Percy. "Now that you mention it, there is a slight trend with those raised by muggles. I suppose if you didn't know about magic and then found out it was real, it would create enough excitement to make school more fun. But maybe Ron will eventually rise to the occasion?" Penelope paused thoughtfully. With a chuckle, she added, "I'll admit I'm also more familiar with the Ravenclaws because they want to learn everything anyway. But I've heard you have a new bookworm in Gryffindor."

Penelope grinned at Percy and then added teasingly, "Ravenclaws are quick to notice when a bookworm was sorted into a different house!"

PERCY WEASLEY
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 06:49 PM
PERCY WEASLEY

Percy wondered if Penelope lived with a bit less stress on her shoulders because she didn't live up to her older siblings, or didn't have to. But being Ravenclaw would be a bit of pressure in itself, being known as more or less a 'smart house.' Come to think of it, he knew that most Ravenclaws had very good focus, if it was on something they actually liked. Just so happened that a lot of them liked the stuff they learned at Hogwarts.

Percy laughed, he hadn't really seen Ron focus in on anything except Quidditch matches where his team hopelessly lost. "I can only hope. My dad's really into all that Muggle stuff, but he doesn't really know much about it. I think it would be like Christmas for him if he got to go to some sort of Muggle school." he almost thought it was a bit silly, how Muggles and wizards treated themselves differently. The bookworm,
Hermione Granger, was one he considered to be a friend, or at least a friendly acquaintance. "Ah, yes. Hermione. She's very bright. And she follows the rules." Rules were important to Percy, they were why he believed that prefects were necessary. They let chaos become order.

"Do you find any overconfidence in your house? Anyone who feels they should've been Gryffindor instead?" A lot of Gryffindor students had the same sort of mind set, one of sticking to principles, but it could also be found in all of the other houses

PENELOPE CLEARWATER
^
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 03:50 AM

Penelope didn't know as much about the Muggle world as she'd have liked. In a way, it was fascinating to think that they went about their daily lives with no magic involved. Though she wasn't sure how she'd do in such an environment having grown up with it. Still, she chuckled at the comment Percy made about his dad. "It's neat that he's so into Muggles. I've wondered, myself, what it must be like to lead a life with no magical involvement. I imagine it's easier if you haven't grown up with it, but it sounds like it'd be difficult for somebody used to magic, like us."

She paused thoughtfully. "Still, history does show that it's better to tread with caution. I'm glad we have the Stature of Secrecy to keep the peace."

Hearing that Hermione was a rule follower made Penelope sigh with contentment. "It's always nice when the first years don't actually want to go around breaking the rules. Have you had any trouble with other Gryffindors yet this term?" Penelope hadn't had too many issues with the Ravenclaws, but it was still early in the term.

Penelope was amused when Percy asked if there were any Ravenclaws who felt they should have been in Gryffindor. "Well..." Penelope trailed off, gathering her thoughts before answering. "I can't place any names off the top of my head, but I know it's common among new Ravenclaws. Because they were sorted into the so-called 'smart house,' it makes them a bit overconfident." Penelope chuckled. "With Hermione in your house, however, I don't see that being an issue. I think she'll give everybody a run for their money regardless of house."

Penelope lowered her voice a bit. "I wouldn't mind seeing a few more studious rule-followers in Slytherin. If any house needs more balance, it's them." Penelope found it very difficult to trust most Slytherins.

PERCY WEASLEY
^
PERCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 02:19 PM
PERCY WEASLEY

Percy frowned a little. Yes, it was a little cool that his dad knew so much about people that weren't him, but, well, it was a little annoying how he didn't want to focus on the wizarding world as much. There were, in Percy's fifth year perspective, a lot more interesting things in the wizarding world than in the Muggle one. Plus, his father knew the wizarding world and wouldn't be embarrassing to any of his wizarding friends by asking them weird questions. Who even cared about toaster ovens when you could do the same thing with magic?

"Exactly. Some muggles are a bit...fanatical about us wizardingfolk...if that's a word that people still use. I think it would be kind of weird, muggles and wizards in the same sort of...area all the time. I think they would get a little jealous, like Squibs." he shrugged. He had a Squib in his family, on his mother's side,
but they didn't talk about him too much.

It was nice, having some good, kind, rule following students in his house. He was glad that not all of his housemates were brave to a point of stupidity, risking their lives and all that for things like dares. Hermione and him, though she was younger, could still strike up an interesting conversation on different subjects at Hogwarts. "Well, one of them keeps blowing things up. Although I cannot tell whether that's on purpose or a repeated mistake." The young man in question did always seem apologetic, nevertheless, it was a bit of a struggle to focus if your Common room was likely to burst into flames.

He grinned. He did like Hermione, she was almost like a little cousin a few times removed. Someone he didn't see a lot, but still felt a little protective of. He felt like that about a lot of the first years, partially because, well, he was a prefect after all, so it made sense for him to not want them to get into trouble. "I have to agree with you on Slytherin, though." he paused, taking a breath, "A few of them are arrogant enough to call me blood traitor to myself. Could you imagine?" he was a bit ruffled.

PENELOPE CLEARWATER .
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin & graphics made by eliza exclusively for TBE