BOTE EXPANSION -> Lost or Not Lost?
welcome to beginning of the end

GRYFFINDOR

RAVENCLAW

HUFFLEPUFF

SLYTHERIN

homesearchMEMBERSRULESPLOTCANONSAPPLICATIONFACECLAIMADVERTISEAFFILIATE
the beginning of the end is a trio era harry potter roleplay. we are currently set in 1991 and will be roleplaying through harry's years and beyond. immerse yourself within the pages rowling has created. get involved and even make changes to the story we all know.
october

Add Reply
New Poll

Lost or Not Lost?, Alex Bishop
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 03:35 AM
GRYFFINDOR ☆ 11 ☆ Muggleborn

first year
70 Sickles
plotter

-------------------- Not all who wander are lost --------------------
But there's a good chance some of them are.
TAG: ALEX BISHOP - finally got it up! Hope this works! She's a bit shy around other people at first but I assure you she'll warm up to him.
Ellie had been told to study by the professors at the school, but all Ellie could think about was exploring the whole school. There was so much to see and she was anxious to see it all so she could commit it to memory.

With paint splattered on her from earlier, Ellie walked up and down the hallways in a part of the castle she hadn't been to yet. Occasionally, she'd hear a painting speak and freeze on the spot. The moving pictures and talking painting was something she would never get used to. It was bad enough she had to talk to one to get into her common room! Art school would NOT have been this complicated!

Ellie's gaze was focused on one of the sleeping paintings when she went to turn a corner. But in the process, she bumped head-first into somebody. Ellie jumped backward with wide-eyes and took several steps back. It wasn't somebody she recognized and that alone was enough to make Ellie turn around and quickly head the other direction. Though she only got to the end of the hallway when she stopped. Ellie glanced around and realized she had a slightly bigger problem than avoiding a person.

She had no idea where she was.

--------------------
user posted image
Icon by Eliza, Icon by Dystopia@Shadowplay! <3
PM
^
ALEX BISHOP
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 10:30 AM
GRYFFINDOR ☆ 13 ☆ Pure Blood

third year
60 Sickles
plotter

Kerthunk Thunk! Kerthunk Thunk! Kerthunk slap!

"Not again!"

Alex rushed after the ball he had been tossing against the wall in an empty hallway. It was a simple excercise designed to sharpen his relfexes for Quidditch. Bouncing the ball off the wall in odd angles made him adjust to catch it. The faster he went then harder he worked. His hair was damp with sweat, but he didn't seem to care too much. It was when he missed catching the ball and it bounced down the hall that made him growl.

He caught up to it but kicked it as he started to bend over. The ball raced down the hall, hit an opening, and rolled down a side corridor. Alex paused with his hands on his hips to catch his breath. If anyone saw this they'd make fun of him endlessly. Alex rushed around the corner and stopped in his tracks. He hadn't been alone on this floor after all.

His red ball rolled down the hall toward a girl who seemed discombobulated. It was obvious that she was younger than Alex, but otherwise he didn't know a thing about her. Again he stopped with his hands on his hips.

"Hey, a little help here?" The older Gryffindor pointed to the ball as he called to get her attention. The ball was only a foot away from where she currently stood.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 12:13 AM

first year
70 Sickles
plotter

TAG: ALEX BISHOP - finally got it up! Hope this works! She's a bit shy around other people at first but I assure you she'll warm up to him.
A voice startled Ellie from her thoughts and she jumped as her eyes flew to the source of the voice. She considered running without waiting to see what the older boy wanted, but as she turned slightly, she saw a ball sitting there.

Ellie frowned and looked down at it, and then glanced back at the older student. It took her a moment to realize that the student must have wanted her to toss the ball to him. Slowly and timidly, Ellie bent down towards the ball. Everything else in the school had jumped, moved, or tried to bite somehow (like some of the plants in the greenhouse). Was the ball going to grow legs and kick her?

She tapped it gently with her finger for a moment and recoiled. Nothing happened. Ellie tapped it a few more times before deciding it was safe and picking it up. She carefully tossed it so that it'd roll across the floor back in the direction of the boy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ALEX BISHOP
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 05:52 PM

third year
60 Sickles
plotter

He blinked a few moments as the younger girl poked at his ball as if it might leap up and attack her. His eyebrow raised slightly and a silly grin pulled the sides of his mouth. Finally she picked up the ball and tossed it. Three bounces later it came to a rolling stop next to his own foot. He didn't bend to pick it up directly. Instead he bent and poked at it.

"Yeah, it's just a ball." He picked it up and threw it up in the air to catch it with a small smack in his palm. Alex turned his attention back to the girl. "Thanks. Say, have I seen ya around? Gryffindor, right?" The term had started and there had been an influx of new students in the common room. Everyone was up in arms about Harry Potter coming to the school, but Alex had gone out of his way to notice everyone. Harry shouldn't get all the attention. Besides, you never knew who might become the newer members of the Quidditch team.

Alex didn't think this quiet girl would be interested in sport though. She seemed a little meek, but that didn't dissuade him from leaning against the wall in a nonthreatening manner. He didn't want to scare her off. No one should be scared of someone in their own house. Gryffindor House was like a team, they took up for each other, and were always there for another Lion in class. He wanted her to know that he was okay, and genuinely glad to meet her.

"I'm Alex. Third year Gryffindor. Pleased to meet ya."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 07:19 PM

first year
70 Sickles
plotter

As the ball arrived carefully in front of the older student, Ellie felt relieved that she hadn't sent it flying down the hallway. As he picked it up, he commented that it was 'just a ball' and Ellie frowned. Everything was 'just' something around Hogwarts. Until it came to life and started to pester her.

The older boy continued to speak, claiming to have seen her around. When he mentioned Gryffindor, Ellie smiled and nodded quietly. She remained in one spot and decided to definitely not flee just yet. He introduced himself, and Ellie offered him another smile. Deciding it was only polite, she broke her silence.

"Ellie," she began quietly. "First year. Nice to meet you too." Ellie glanced as something rubbed against her leg. It seemed despite not knowing where she was going herself, her ragdoll cat had managed to find her. Ellie bent down and picked up the cat in her arms. "This is Vincent Van Gogh." Ellie shifted her gaze over to the ball. Having the cat in her arms helped her feel a bit safer around the older student. Even if her cat was more likely to befriend somebody scary rather than chase them away.

Since she had already broken her silence, she decided to voice her earlier thoughts on the ball. "Everythings 'just' something around here until it comes to life. The candy moves. The paintings talk." Ellie glanced down at Vincent and muttered, "At least you haven't changed into a teacher."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ALEX BISHOP
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 08:05 PM

third year
60 Sickles
plotter

She was soft spoken, as if she was hiding in a shell. Alex hoped he didn't make her nervous. He was surprised anyone could be nervous around him when not on the opposite team in a Quidditch game. At least she had introduced herself and spoke up a little. He had almost expected her to turn and run away. She seemed really timid, but he would go out of his way to make sure she wasn't uncomfortable around him. He slid down the wall and sat with his back to it.

"Hello Kitty," Alex greeted the newly arrived cat in a friendly manner. He had always liked animal, but didn't really own his own pet. "Oh the stairs are the worst! Have you got stuck on them yet? I remember getting turned around in my first year and sleeping in a hallway because I couldn't find the Gryffindor tower. Watch those things, they can be tricky." He gave her the warning with a small grin to show he was half kidding.

Alex glanced down to the ball and then back to her. He rolled the ball in her direction light enough for it to curve in its path.

"Maybe Mr. Van Gough will like this?" The ball arced closer to her and the cute kitty. "I don't know if you have any toys for him, but... it is a him?" Alex thought that Vincent Van Gough, the painter, had been a male so he figured the cat might be too. "Changed into a teacher? Oh you mean McGonagall? So you've seen that trick? She likes to spring it on new students, but I knew about animaguses from my mom. I'd love to try being an animal though. Could be fun. Say, what animal would you be if you could change like that?"

ELLIE MIRREN

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 12:22 AM

first year
70 Sickles
plotter

Ellie studied the older student carefully through curious eyes. As he mentioned the stairs, Ellie's eyes widened at his story. So far, she had been lucky, but it was still early in the year. The last thing Ellie wanted was to get lost due to the staircase. Whose' awful idea was it to have a moving staircase anyways? What was wrong with a nice, normal one that held still!

"I don't like them," was Ellie's quiet reply. She paused as he rolled the ball towards her cat and mentioned toys. Ellie slowly sat down and placed Vincent in front of the ball. The cat began pushing it around a bit. Ellie remained silent as the older student began mentioning McGonagall and talking about animaguses. What was an animagus?

Ellie glanced at the older student and spoke up once more, curiosity outshining her desire to flee for a moment. She studied Vincent for a moment and replied, "He has toys, but he usually prefers my shoelaces." Her gaze flickered back to the older boy. Alex, he said his name was? "Turning into an animal? Is that an animagus? Ellie hummed thoughtfully. "I love animals, but I don't think I'd want to be an animal. It would make painting hard." She paused for a moment, pondering the idea of turning into an animal.

A moment later, her eyes widened as a sudden thought hit her, "Other teachers aren't going to turn into animals on us either are they?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ALEX BISHOP
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 03:03 PM

third year
60 Sickles
plotter

Alex watched her cat play as the girl answered about her pet. He couldn't help a smile when she replied to the animagus question. She didn't know a lot about things, but not everyone was as lucky to have parents willing to teach about magic at an early age. He looked back to her when she seemed shocked about other teachers turning into animals. Alex had to think about it.

"I don't believe so. I mean, our Transfiguration professor is the only one I know of. I think anyone that can turn into an animal has to declare it or something. I might be wrong. I mean, until my first year I didn't know anyone who could. I don't think it's all that common." He believed what he said. He couldn't recall hearing of anyone else off the top of his head.

"Yeah, change can be scary." He added. "But, think of all the wonderful things that are magical. The golden snitch! It is a gold ball that flies around, no one really knows why. But, if you catch it in Quidditch you can end the game and most likely than not win!" His eyes lit up when he talked sports, especially his favorite. He didn't want to bore her with that though, some people didn't like Quidditch. He had no idea why.

"So, what're ya looking for up here?" He glanced back down the hall. "There's not much going on up here really. I usually come up to get away from others and bounce my ball against the walls. I know it sounds silly, but it helps me think. You can keep that one, if ya like. Seems he likes it."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ELLIE MIRREN
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 02:41 PM

first year
70 Sickles
plotter

Ellie was visibly relieved and sighed as he confirmed that none of the other professors would be turning into animals. While it showed how intelligent the professor must have been to be able to do such a thing, she'd had enough surprises to last her a lifetime.

Alex began talking about some golden snitch and Ellie's eyebrows furrowed in curiosity. A golden snitch? Quidditch? It sounded like the boy was talking about some sort of game. She'd heard others talking about it since arriving at the school. At her old school, a snitch had been somebody who saw something and told the authorities. But apparently, in the magical world, it was a little gold ball that wins the game.

Deciding to voice her curiosity, Ellie broke her silence again, "What's Quidditch, exactly? At my old school, being a snitch just earned you a lot of enemies." Thankfully, Ellie had always been good at pretending to have seen and heard nothing. Especially if it meant others left her alone. "Is Quidditch the reason I have to learn how to fly on a broom?" The idea of having a flying class was still new to her. Flying sounded exciting, though she had been nervous she wouldn't be magical enough to handle it. The last thing she wanted was to fall from mid-air.

As the older boy asked what she had been doing up there, her cat continued to play with the ball. He offered to let the cat keep it and she smiled, but her gaze shifted to the hallway as she remembered that she had gotten lost. "Well... I WAS exploring." Ellie frowned and looked around. "I think I got lost, I don't even remember what floor I'm on."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by eliza